In recent times, best cordless chainsaw tools are gradually gaining more popularity than ever before. Among this category of tools are the electric cordless chainsaw. The term best battery chainsaw refers to an electric chainsaw that instead of a power cord, uses battery efficiently. These batteries are integrated into their main housing. Making your choice of this chainsaw, especially if you are a novice can be quite head-aching. However, this article intends to provide you with information that will help make you choose right.
Top Rated Best Battery Chainsaw
Looking for a best cordless chainsaw that a little of everything, you need to really consider the WORX WG320 cordless lithium powered JawSaw. It features a unique design that lets you make cuts directly on the ground without being afraid of any kickback or damage to your chain, perfect go tool for any limb or bush clearer. One feature users have always loved about this product is its auto, intuitive chain replacement and tension system. Also, there is a guard over the chain that provides enhanced security.
With a Jawsaw, adding of oil is very easy and also the battery, it lasts long. Also opening it up to get its chain is very easy and quick. This is a great tool for cutting down small trees and removing lower branches. The JawSaw is the safe and easy way to tackle debris clean up without gas, cords, or dangerous kickback. It is the perfect go-to tool for gardeners, handymen, and anyone else who performs limb and brush clearing. It is so light and you can never get a hard time trying to get it started.
WORX WG320 Chainsaw Features
- [THE SAFEST SAW AROUND] The Jawsaw is the one and only chain saw with a fully protective guard. When not in use the blade retracts into the base. And because of that guard, this is the only chainsaw made for cutting directly on the ground. Leave the log right there on the pavement and get to work
- [CUTS THICK BRANCHES] Saw through material up to 4 inches in diameter. And with its innovative single action cutting mechanism, you’ve never had so much easy to use cutting power
- [THE CHAIN STAYS TIGHT] Auto-tension feature guarantees optimum tension at all times. This patented system ensures you’ll always have the most efficient cut
- [THE CHAIN STAYS OILED] Features an automatic chain oiler with oil level indicator, which extends the life of the saw, the blade, the chain, and makes smoother cuts
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Do it all with WORX PowerShare, the only cordless tool platform that uses the same battery to power 20V and 40V tools
- [LIGHT ENOUGH TO USE OVERHEAD] The Worx Jawsaw weighs 7.1 lbs. without the battery attached. Not only is that light for a chainsaw – the even weight distribution and safety jaw guard bolster the tool and make it easy to maneuver around overhead branches
- [FAST ENOUGH TO GET IT DONE] The no-load speed for the Jawsaw is 1350 rpms, making it one of the fastest in its class. You’ll appreciate the speed when you start making smooth, even cuts
- Powerful and lightweight 2.0 Amp Max Lithium battery delivers long-lasting performance without self-discharge or memory effect
- Cut or trim materials up to 4-inches in diameter
- Innovative auto-tension feature guarantees optimum tension at all times
- Automatic chain oiler with oil level indicator
- Blade housing allows for safe cuts directly on the ground
- Scissor cut action limits dangerous kickback for safer operation
- Includes a 3 Year Warranty & 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Guard covers chain for enhanced safety
- Steel teeth hold work in place while cutting for stability
Best Practices for Initial operation of JawSaw
- Recommended for use on cylindrical wood that is 4-inches in diameter.
- Be sure the tension is hand tightened & oil in the chamber
- First start up, run the JawSaw for a couple seconds so the auto-tension will tension the chain properly.
- For ground cuts, allow the JawSaw to pick up the cylindrical wood into the jaws when the chain makes contact. It is not necessary to support the cuts. The JawSaw is technically designed to pick up the wood into the jaws so the bar/chain makes the cut at the appropriate point.
This is a great choice of top rated best battery chainsaw that one can maneuver with. They are great at getting rid of small cutting jobs. With Black and Decker you don’t get to worry it about building up much heat; and this means that chains and bars can get to last for a longer time. At a glance you might get to mistake this product with one of the little two stroke gas powered saw; also its oil reservoir gets to look like a gas tank. In the case of the black and decker, instead of an oil pump trigger: it is auto oiling.
This product comes with the ability of cutting through an equivalent of 60 pine 4x4s. The battery life is another amazing feature: 12″ 40v Lithium ion battery for a longer run time. A very important observation by users is that it usually eats through oil a lot and as such, you must ensure that you have oil nearby during use.
Black & Decker LCS1240 Features & Benefits
- 40V MAX* Lithium Ion battery is always ready and holds a charge up to 18 months
- 12″ Oregon low-kickback bar and chain for smooth and fast cuts
- 40V MAX* 2.0Ah Battery provides over 60 4×4 pine lumber cuts on average per single charge
- Automatic oiling system for constant lubrication of bar and chain
- Tool-less chain tensioning for fast and easy adjustments
- Full wrap around handle for comfortable cutting in different orientations
- Battery state of charge indicator
- Part of the 40V MAX* outdoor system
- 40 Volts MAX Lithium Ion Battery for longer runtime and overall life
- 12" premium bar and chain. Automatic oiling system
- Suitable for pruning branches and cutting fallen limbs
- Tool free chain tensioning for quick and easy chain adjustments. 40V MAX* 2.0Ah Battery provides over 60 4x4 pine lumber cuts on average per single charge
- Full wrap around handle for comfortable cutting in different orientations
Pros of Black & Decker LCS1240
- Light weight, always starts, quite, safe to use.
- performance for cutting through dry wood and live logs are well
- Auto oiling keeps the bar and chain lubricated
- Battery recharges quickly with a handy feature charging indicator
- Easy to adjust chain
Cons of Black & Decker LCS1240
- Not for sawing up truckloads of firewood
- May experienced heavy leaking from the oil reservoir
Looking for something small and can be carried around menial tree cutting? This best cordless chainsaw is worth considering. It can perfectly and easily get to cut 4 to 5” trees and branches as well. For the ultimate in control cutting, the black and decker LLP1b0b is the ideal choice. They are incredible when it comes to innovative clamping jaws grab and cut in one easy motion and makes the cutting process effortless.
This is definitely your ideal best battery powered chainsaw for home use, it can branches up to 4 inches in the diameter; it has the ability of making up to 150 cuts per charge. The convenience it offers is something most users are attracted to. The chain is observed to hold its tension quite well and does not require often tightening. This product Dual hand switches and 20V MAX Lithium ion battery provides long life. It’s lightweight and easy to use. One of the main complaints of customers is that it gets clogged sometimes.
Black and Decker LLP120B Features & Benefits
- 20V MAX* Lithium battery provides up to 150 1-1/2″ diameter cuts per charge and with longer lifespan and charge retention than Ni-Cad batteries
- Dual-hand switches must be actuated for cutting to prevent accidental starting.
- Patented clamping jaws grab and cut limbs and brush in one easy motion.
- The heavy-duty cutting bar and chain quickly cut branches and logs up to 4 in. thick.
- Scissor-action makes cutting branches effortless.
- Part of the 20V* MAX* System – A System that Demands Attention
- *Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.
- 2-year limited warranty; includes battery and Energy Star-qualified charger
- Innovative clamping jaws grab and cut in one easy motion for the ultimate in controlled cutting
- Part of 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery system -- easily swap with other lawn and power tools
- Get up to 150 cuts of 1-1/2-inch branches per charge
- Ideal tool for pruning tree branches up to 4 inches in diameter
- 2-year limited warranty; does not include battery or charger
Pros of Black and Decker LLP120B
- Safe Power cutting
- Nice usability & portable
- Best tool for pruning tree branches up to 4” diameter effortlessly
- The 20V battery means lots of power and will cut just about all the wood and brush that you may clean up in one session.
- The chain holds tension well and doesn’t need tightening very often.
- Very safe to use because the chain is covered and there’s a safety switch on both handles.
Cons of Black and Decker LLP120B
- The dual safety switches could use a positive click or snap so you’d know they’re engaged.
- No indicator when the oiler is filled…or needs refilling.
- Sometimes it gets clogged easily.
- Need to keep steady pressure on both safety switch pads or otherwise it stops.
- You may notice, it tends to pull soft or green small branches into the chain gear and jam.
- Battery snap-in latch mechanism is too tight; it often takes two hands just to release the battery latch and to lock the fresh battery in place.
What you will get in the Box
- LLP120 20-volt MAX lithium-ion cordless alligator lopper
- LBXR20 battery
- LCS20 battery charger
- wrench; bar and chain
- oil bottle
- operating instructions
This is an amazing tool for tree cutting with lots of amazing features; and test of all, it comes in handy. It features a battery system capable of powering multiple tools for complete yard system and a 12″ Oregon chain and bar for ease of cutting branches and limbs. This is one best battery chainsaw for the money that makes provision quick adjustments as a result of its tool less chain tensioning, as this saves a lot time to get a task completed.
It also comes with an automatic oiler which ensures constant application of oil to the bar and chain for durability of the chain and its various parts. With GreenWorks 20262 you can never make mistakes when it comes to its oil level, as it features a translucent oil tank. A 40V, 2Ah G-Max Lithium ion Battery (can withstand as much as 40 minutes of constant use) and charger provided for and 12’’ Guide bar length and ergonomic handling.
One of the greatest benefits derived from a best battery powered chainsaw on the market, that offer battery power, especially when it has to do with Lithium batteries. Another advantage of having a best cordless chainsaws is terms of their weight, very light, offering a lot of convenience and off course safety is an important advantage too. One advantage that is so obvious is the fact that it allows you to move freely.
GreenWorks 20262 G-MAX Features & Benefits
- Powered by G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery
- 12-inch Oregon bar and chain, perfect for cutting branches and limbs
- Tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the bar and chain to ensure durability and extend the life of the chain
- Translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- Wrap around handle for multiple cutting positions to provide ease of use when trimming at different angles
- Reduced kickback chain for safer cutting
- Compatible only with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Battery Models 29462, 29472 and Charger 29482
- Battery compatible
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- Robust 12-inch steel chain and bar with tool-less chain tensioning offers ease of use while delivering the highest cutting performance
- 3/8-inch chain pitch delivers the right amount of capabilities to get those limbs trimmed and cut with minimal kickback
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level.Wrap around handle for multiple cutting positions to provide ease of use when trimming at different angles
- 40V G-Max and 40V Lithium-Ion Batteries are not cross compatible; this tool is compatible with the G-Max 2.0 Ah battery (29462) and the G-Max 4.0 Ah battery (29472)
Pro of GreenWorks G-MAX
- Lightweight handy chainsaw to use around the properly just by squeezing the switch!
- Easy to reach between branches and cutting them for its small size
- Well designed with easy-to-adjust tension control. No tools needed.
- It is powerful enough, even though it is battery powered.
- Great for up to 6″ trees
- Quiet enough to use without ear plugs protection.
- Automatic bar oiler; no gasoline & no gasoline engine maintenance
- Fast battery charging; battery can be used in other products by the same manufacturer.
- Easy To Store anywhere
Cons of GreenWorks G-MAX
- Not enough power for who needs medium size jobs
- Chain Oil Cap Poorly Designed
- Chain teeth gap to far, saw jumps all over the place
- No chain brake, so chain free-wheels for a second or so after de-powered
Whenever you’re looking for cutting speed with best battery powered chainsaw for home use, this is it. It features a motor system that is capable of delivering 1, 650 FPM which is responsible for its speed with a 30, 000 RPM fast cutting motor. It does not require much maintenance: there’s no need for changing spark plug or engine oil. Another amazing feature worth mentioning is its two 18V LXT Lithium Ion batteries responsible for the power and run time.
This best battery powered chainsaw on the market, users have always been comfortable with as it offers a lot of comfort with its reduced noise level and does not require a wrench. Like is common among rechargeable chainsaw, starting this machine is so easy; you simply get the batteries loaded and it’s ready for use. It offers a tool less chain adjustments for convenience in maintenance and operation; plus a 16 – 5/8″ less weight ergonomic top handle design. Some people think that the performance of this product is low; with only one size cone and does not have the ability of penetrating well enough.
Makita XCU02Z Features
- Makita-built fast cutting motor, delivers 1,650 FPM chain speed.
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries can deliver 36V power
- Noise level lower at only 89 dB(A) for improved user comfort
- 12″ guide bar for increased efficient cutting capacity
- “Tool-less” chain adjustments for smooth operation and maintenance
- Well engineered front hand guard to actuate chain brake when engaged
- No emissions and reduced maintenance, so no need to change engine oil or spark plug, clean air filter, or drain fuel for storage
- Compact and ergonomic design that only 24-5/8″ long
- Weighs only 11.2 lbs. with battery
- Convenient ergonomic grip at top handle design for the user to more easily when apply pressure for cutting
- Instant start-up: just load two 18V LXT® batteries and the saw is ready to cut (batteries sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Manageable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Operator can easily add and check bar oil level of Large oil filling port with window viewer
- Retractable metal hook attaches to rope or harness for easy transporting
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- LXT® Battery Adaptor (BCV02)
- 12″ Guide Bar (165245-8)
- 12″ Saw Chain 3/8″, .043″ (531-290-046)
- Blade Cover (0)
- Chain Saw Oil (0)
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries (not included) deliver the power and run time for corded demands without leaving the 18V LXT platform
- Lower noise level at only 89 dB(A) and zero emissions for improved user comfort
- 12" guide bar for increased capacity
- "Tool-less" chain adjustments for convenient operation and maintenance. Includes tool only (batteries and charger not included)
- Refer to page 8-10 “Assembly” on instruction manual
Pros of Makita XCU02Z
- Sound. SO much quieter than a gas saw. You could use it with your neighbor sleeping in his lawn chair and he wouldn’t be any the wiser.
- Light weight but capable of big time cutting
- Plenty of torque to cut any limbs
Cons of Makita XCU02Z
- Bar oil tank leaks
Features to Look for In a Top Rated best battery chainsaw
Automatic bar Oiler
An ideal rechargeable best cordless chainsaw is one with a bar oil, in order to constantly lubricate the bar. This is necessary to control the metal on metal friction between chain and the bar of the chainsaw. With this being in place, the chainsaw is sure to work smoothly and effectively.
Lithium Ion Batteries
This is the newest technology of batteries and they are known to perform better than nickel Cadmium (Ni Cad) batteries. One edge they have over other forms of batteries is that even as the battery loses its charge, they don’t get to lose their power; unlike Ni Cad battery that as they die their performance suffers.
This still makes lithium ion batteries the ideal choice. These batteries are lightweight which makes it very suitable for the no-muscly armed lumberjack, not used to working with a large-pound machine.
Tool less Chain Tensioning
This is a pretty much necessary feature to look out for in a battery power chainsaw and some of the rechargeable chainsaw come with this feature. With this feature, you do not need to make use of a multi tool or a screwdriver in order to tighten the chain.