Last Updated on July 25, 2020 by woodcutter
An electric fireplace is a clean way to heat your interior during winter and those other chilly days. The fireplaces do not release the toxic fumes, smoke, ash, and soot associated with their counterparts that use propane or firewood.
Into the bargain, best electric fireplaces require little maintenance, need no chimney, consume less energy, last longer, and they are safe to use. You can install electric fireplaces on most walls without the need for a significant home remodeling project.
While electric fireplaces seem like an excellent way to warm your interior, the market offers a plethora of models from different manufacturers. Some can serve you for several years before they wear out, complement your interior décor, as well as consume less energy.
Others can only last for a short period, and their design choice might not be appealing enough to install on a conspicuous place within your interior. For that reason, you would need to spend much of your precious time searching around for a fireplace that can fit into your specific heating and aesthetic taste.
However, if you lack that time to shop around comparing the specs of each electric fireplace in your favorite shop, we got you covered. We have analyzed eight of the electric fireplaces including best electric fireplace insert that you will not regret buying.
Our preferences have all the specifications that delineate the best electric fireplace for heat. They are durable, deliver a lifelike flame, produce enough heat to keep your interior warm, and their installation is direct.
This open product assessment would protect you from spending your valuable dollars on a substandard electric fireplace. Read on to selected best electric fireplaces on the market that matches your budget and heating needs.
Our top picks of best electric fireplaces
Would you love to invest in a best fireplace insert that will not compromise your interior’s exquisite looks? If yes, the 60 inches Napoleon Allure Linear would be the best purchase for you. The fireplace features an ultra-slim design that would sit on your wall without protruding.
Its black colored hue blends well with most interior decors, and its realistic colored flames spice up your interior’s natural look. You can paint the fireplace’s code cover with color that matches or complements your interior décor.
Depending on your choice, you can set the unit’s dancing flames to blue, orange, or a combination of both colors. Moreover, you can adjust the flames’ height and color intensity to your liking. This feature saves you from staring at single-colored flames, each time you power on your electric fireplace.
- The Napoleon Allure 60 wall hanging electric fireplace is 100-inches wide, 5-inches deep (152.4 cm wide, 12.7 cm deep)
- POWERFUL HEATER: Quickly heat large rooms up to 400 square feet thanks to the robust heat output of 5000 BTU's and 1,500 Watts powering the unit
- EASY SET UP: Ready to use right out of the box, just hang on the wall and plug it in to a regular 120V outlet
- QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION: Installation is fast and easy with the included bracket for hanging. The unit is ready to go right out of the box, only taking a few minutes and couple of screws to hang
- ULTRA SLIM DESIGN: The five-inch (5 in/ 12.7 cm) depth means that the Allure 100 won't protrude into the room or take valuable space from your square footage
- CLEAN AND SEAMLESS DESIGN: This fireplace can be installed recessed fully into the wall, meaning that it won't protrude into the room at all. This provides a clean and seamless, contemporary look
- LIGHT-UP CONTROL BUTTONS: The controls are easy to use, illuminating when you need them and dimming to hide when not in use. This ensures you have complete control without the illuminated buttons detracting from the overall look of the fireplace while you are relaxing
- CUSTOMIZABLE FLAME COLOR OPTIONS: Easily match the flames to your décor or even your mood by selecting one of three flame color options. Cool and inviting blue, traditional and lively orange, or a beautiful combination of the two will set the mood every time
- Remote controlled
- Low maintenance
- Produces flame with three color options
- Installs easily
- Comes in one design choice
- Quite costly
This best fireplace insert comes equipped with a highly responsive remote control that lets you operate it from the comfort of your couch. The remote control enables you to change the flame colors, your unit’s heat output, as well as set the fireplace’s timer.
Unlike the hard to install fireplaces, Napoleon Allure electric fireplace installs easily on most if not all types of walls. In fact, if you are a seasoned DIY expert, you can mount it without the help of a technician. It comes with all the mounting brackets you would need to get the job done.
With 5000 BTUs and a 1000 watt heater, this best electric fireplace provides enough heat to keep small to medium size rooms warm. You can regulate its heat intensity according to your room’s size, or the ambient temperatures outside.
While Napoleon Allure electric fireplace stands as the most expensive unit on our list, it delivers an excellent value for your money. It will serve you for years, reduce your heating bill, as well as vibe your interior with a touch of attractive flames.
PuraFlame Alice stands as one of the most durable electric fireplaces that the market has to offer. PuraFlame’s engineers designed this unit from sturdy metal and tempered glass to survive wear resulting from regular exposure to heat.
This best fireplace insert utilizes high-intensity LEDs to deliver a realistic flame emanating from logs or crystal stones. Depending on your taste of color, you can set the flame to produce yellow, blue, or yellow-blue light accents.
The multicolored flames save you from the boredom that would result from using fireplaces with single-colored flames. Moreover, the colorful glow would improve your room’s ambiance, as well as complement its interior décor.
PuraFlame Alice 60 best electric fireplace insert comes with a remote control to operate your unit from a distance. This modern feature makes it an ideal option for seniors, people with mobility issues, as well as homeowners who prefer the convenience brought about by modern gadgets.
- DIMENSION: Overall dimension (including glass): 60 1/4” Width x 20 1/4” Height x 6 1/6” Depth, firebox dimension (without glass): 54 5/8” W x 18 1/32” H x 5 11/16” D. For more information, please see “Specification sheet” in “Technical Specification” section below
- INSTALLATION: In-wall recessed installation ONLY, CANNOT be hanged on the wall or freestanding, a perfect fit for 2 x 6" wall. Two electrical connections: Plug-in or Hard-wiring. Just plug in 110V outlet and enjoy
- REALISTIC FLAME EFFECT: Ultra High Intensity LED lights provide very bright and realistic flame effect. Two options for ember bed: Log set or crystal stones to suit your need. Total 4 different flame settings cater to your desired ambience (1. Yellow with a little bit blue low brightness 2. All yellow brightness 3. Yellow with a little bit blue brightness 4. All blue brightness). The flame effect can be operated with or without heat for year-round ambience
- HEATER: Upper front heater blower (heat outlet at the middle top and air inlets beside the outlet). Two heat settings (high 1500W and low 750W) put out reasonable heat, but CANNOT be used as a main heat source. The thermostat can control the room temperature to suit the user's preference. The countdown timer can be set to turn off the fireplace from 30 minutes to 9 hours
- MODERN HOME DÉCOR: The fireplace brings relaxation and comfort into the home, it is ideal for living room, entertainment center or anywhere suitable and you would like to have. Touch screen buttons enable a unique user experience, touch button light will be turned off after several seconds without any operation
- Remote controlled
- Recessed installation
- Multicolored realistic flame
- Has a timer and thermostat
- Runs quietly
- Has touchscreen buttons
- Not ideal for heating large rooms
Do you hate those large fireplaces that protrude from your wall? If yes, PuraFlame’s electric-powered fireplace would be an excellent option for you. Its in-wall design sits artistically on your wall without altering your room’s original décor.
PuraFlame Alice supports two electrical connectivity options. You can plug it in your standard 110 V outlet, a convenient choice for those homeowners who would not want to hire a technician. As an alternative, you can hire a technician to help you hardwire it.
The fireplace features a 1500 heater that yields enough heat to warm up 400 square feet rooms. You would need two or more fireplaces to warm large rooms and halls. A blower on the fireplace’s upper front dispenses the heat uniformly throughout your room.
A timer on this best electric fireplace for heat lets you set the time interval you want the electric fireplace to run. It turns off the fireplace’s heater automatically after the set run time elapses.
Into the bargain, this electric fireplace from PuraFlame has an inbuilt thermostat to enhance the safety of occupants within your room. The thermostat turns the unit off once your room attains a preset temperature.
Southern Enterprises’ Cartwright Convertible is an inexpensive duo-purpose electric fireplace for property owners who wish to heat their small-sized rooms, as well as those who need to boost their rooms’ aesthetics.
The electric fireplace uses a 1500 watt heater to keep your small or medium-size room warm throughout the winter season. It is appropriate for small to medium chambers. If you want to keep the unit for aesthetic purposes, you can switch off the heater and leave its flickering flames to beef up your room’s ambiance.
Like most electric fireplaces featured on this best list, Southern Enterprises Cartwright Convertible comes with a highly responsive remote control to enhance your convenience. With the remote, you can switch the unit on/off from the comfort of your bed or sofa.
- Supplemental heat for up to 400 square feet; Lifelike multicolor flames and burning logs with embers
- Accommodates a flat panel TV up to 43.5" W overall
- Mission oak finish with earth toned tiles; Transitional style
- Overall: 45.5" W x 15.5" D x 40.25" H (flat), 45.5" W x 26.5" D x 40.25" H (corner)
- Assembly: Required
- Items with anti-tipping hardware restraints must be secured to the wall. Please contact the manufacturer immediately if anti-tip hardware is not included
- Remote controlled
- Stylish finish
- Requires no installation
- Plugs into standard sockets
- Automatic shut off
- Not ideal for cramped rooms
- Quite heavy
This electric powered fireplace requires no installation. It comes as a free-standing box that you can place in any corner of your room. All you need is to position it strategically, plug it into a standard socket, and then enjoy the warmth stemming from your unit.
You can use this fireplace as a stand for your television. This feature makes it an ideal option for homeowners with small-sized cramped rooms that cannot hold a fireplace and a TV stand at the same time. It can bear a weight of up to 85 pounds.
You would need to dispose of some pieces of furniture to create space for your new electric fireplace if your room is already cluttered.
If you love stylish appliances, then this electric fireplace from Southern Enterprises would be your ideal fireplace. It features a brick style interior and mission oak exterior to spice up your interior’s aesthetics. The fireplace looks like a high-end cabinet.
On the downside, this best fireplace weighs 116.5 pounds. Therefore, moving it around your room can be an uphill task, more so when you want to clear dust and debris under the fireplace. Though, this should not be an issue if you position it in a strategic place where you will not need to move it frequently.
If you want an inexpensive yet efficient best electric fireplaces for heat, get Dimplex deluxe fireplace. Measuring 23.2X19.8X10.8 inches, this best electric fireplace was designed to take up little space on your wall. Despite its small size, it can heat rooms with an approximate area of 400 square feet.
The fireplace utilizes a 1375-watt heater to produce enough heat to keep your interior warm even during those freezing winters. A built-in fan in this unit forces the heat evenly in your entire room. You can install the unit in your study room or bedroom since it operates silently.
Depending on the weather, you can adjust Dimplex electric fireplace’s heater to deliver full, half, or no heat. Therefore, you can use the unit during the freezing winter when you need more heat, or during spring season when you need no or low heat.
- Powerful: At 1375 Watt and 120 Volts, the fan-forced heater included with this log set can quickly warm up a 400 square foot room.
- Safe: Includes a high-temperature safety shut-off feature for your peace of mind.
- Clean: This LED log set offers traditional fireplace features without mess or aftercare.
- Contents: Includes one 23" Firebox Insert with LED Log Set and an On/Off Remote Control.
- Reliable: Enjoy lasting service with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Easy to install
- Operates quietly
- Energy efficient
- Adjustable heat output
- Supports flame only option
- Compactly sized
- Delivers realistic flames
- Cumbersome installation
- Not for heating large rooms or halls
The Dimplex electric fireplace utilizes a patented flame technology to enhance your room’s aesthetics. The flame embers seem to emanate from glowing logs, a feature that gives them a realistic appearance.
This best electric fireplace’s dark finish amalgams well with most interior furnishings. However, homeowners who own the unit say that it could have been great if it came in multiple color finishes to let them pick out their favored hue.
Dimplex Electric Fireplace installs easily into existing openings for fireplaces, and it utilizes standard outlets found in commercial and residential properties. However, if you don’t have a pre-existing fireplace opening, you will have to carve out one.
This electric fireplace comes in separate parts. As such, you will need to assemble them before you start enjoying the ambiance and warmth of its flames. It comes along with a user manual to walk you through the assembly process.
Touchstone 80004 electric fireplace is another excellent investment for property owners who wish to heat their interior with style. Its in-wall installation design sits comfortably on your wall without protruding. It is counted among the few most elegant electric fireplaces.
This best fireplace insert yields a lifelike flame that seems to originate from burning logs or crystal hearth. You can alter the flame’s color to blue, orange, or a mishmash of the two colors. Moreover, you can change the flame’s glowing intensity to suit your brilliance taste.
The best electric fireplace insert comes along with a remote control to let you operate it from a distance. Using the remote, you can change the flame’s color, regulate the flame’s glowing intensity, adjust the heat output, as well as turn on/off your unit.
Apart from the remote control, this best fireplace insert has a built-in timer for switching off the unit after a predetermined period. This feature comes in handy whenever you want to leave your unit running while you are away from home.
- APPEARANCE: The Sideline electric fireplace is designed for recessed in-wall mounting. Creating a cozy atmosphere of a traditional fireplace, this electronic fireplace has realistic flames with a real fire look. The Sideline’s 5 flame settings radiate a soft ember glow up to an intense blaze. Sideline gives you the total package. Control the heat and flame with the remote control. Designed to use one log or crystal, if you prefer you can mix both safely.
- INSTALLATION: This Sideline installs simply and can safely be attached to framing studs. The sides & back of the unit remain cool to the touch with the heat feature on. Recommended minimum of 8” of space between the top of the fireplace and your TV, mantel, picture ceiling. The Sideline can be installed in existing fireplace openings safely. Consult with a licensed professional to ensure your unused gas lines and vents are secured properly. The Sideline fireplace is ventless.
- OPERATION: The Sideline’s heater will take the edge off a cool room or basement, and it can be run with no heat (just flames) in warmer climates. The Sideline comes with a 6-foot power cord for a 110-120V outlet. It is also hard-wire ready for in-wall install. The unit draws a max of 12 amps, so the fireplace can be used on a 15-amp circuit. A 20-amp circuit may be necessary, depending on the use of other electronics on that same electric circuit.
- FEATURES: The Sideline features an unmatched flame. Friends will be nervous to touch realistic flame behind the glass. The Sideline includes faux-fire logs & crystals to create an authentic feel, as well as an IR remote controlling flame color & intensity, the heater and shut-off timer. Front facing heater vents allow you to position the Sideline just 8” under a flat screen TV. The Sideline can be hardwired or plugged in to your electric source.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: 1. We recommend 8 inches of space between your fireplace & TV. 2. The Sideline pulls a max of 12 amps. 3. The fireplace includes a wall-mount bracket, if you don’t recess it. 4. You can install the Sideline in an existing fireplace opening. It stays cool to the touch on the sides & back and is ventless. You can use the Sideline with just the flame and no heat. 5. The heater will help to warm up a cool room but won’t replace a primary heat source.
- Five flame settings
- Multicolored realistic flame
- In-wall installation
- Adjustable temperature and flame intensity
- Elegant design
- Not ideal for heating halls
- A bit noisy
Mounting Touchstone 80004 onto your wall is quite straightforward. You can do it yourself. The simple installation process saves you the dollars you would have spent hiring a technician to help you fix it.
You need to pin the fireplace’s mounting brackets on your wall, hang the fireplace, and plug it into your outlet. Touchstone 80004 comes with a detailed installation manual to guide you through the procedure.
Touchstone 80004 fireplace uses a 1500watt heater to keep your room warm. The heater produces enough heat to warm-up rooms with an average area of 400 square feet. You can adjust the unit’s heat output to suit your particular heating needs.
For instance, during those freezing winters, you can set this best electric fireplace to deliver its highest heat output setting. Its lowest heat output provides enough heat to keep your room warm without getting hot.
If you want to use the electric fireplace for decorative purposes, turn off the heater and leave its glowing multicolored flames to lighten your interior with a touch of sophistication. The fireplace’s finish blends well with most interior decors.
Walker Edison is a three in one unit best fireplace tv stand that is designed to save you from investing in expensive accessories that would make your room cluttered. It works as an electric fireplace with a 1500 watt heater to keep your interior warm during those chilly days.
Also, this three in one fireplace works as a TV stand that can hold up to 60-inch televisions, and upholstery that would spice up your interior’s regular décor with attractive multicolored flames.
While its innovative design saves the dollars you would have spent buying a TV stand and fireplace separately, it might not be a suitable investment for those with cluttered or small rooms.
This best fireplace tv stand comes in black, and espresso finishes to enable you to choose a hue that pleases you or one that would improve your interior’s aesthetics. Both colors blend well with the colors used in interior decors.
- Dimensions: 24" H x 58" L x 16" W - Side Opening: 23.25" H x 15" L x 15.75 W
- Cable management features to run cords in the back of the TV stand
- Fireplace display and heat can be turned on individually
- Includes electric fireplace that will heat up to 400 sq. ft. (4600 BTU)
- No electrician required, as the electric fireplace is a simple plug-in unit
- Available in two color options
- Cable management system to hold cords
- No installation required
- Works as a TV stand
- Not ideal for those who need in-wall fireplaces
- Quite heavy to move around
Walker Edison has innovative cable management to help you arrange your TV and fireplace’s cables neatly. Moreover, the cable management system mitigates the issues that could result when the cables tangle.
This best fireplace tv stand for heat comes as a free-standing unit that requires no installation. After receiving your purchase, you assemble its separate parts and then plug it into the standard outlet to enjoy its warmth and ambiance.
Walker Edison’s technicians designed the electric fireplace from high-grade MDF to endure the damage that could result from regular exposure to high temperatures. A durable laminate shields the MDF construction from corrosion, rusting and making.
While this freestanding unit needs no installation, you may need someone to help you position it strategically. This may not be a challenge after you have placed the electric fireplace in the desired location.
If you are on a moderate budget, this Best Electric Fireplaces for heat will give you the best value out of your investment. It utilizes a 1500 watt heater to deliver enough heat to warm small to medium-sized rooms.
This electric fireplace from 3G plus has a powerful fan that forces out warm air to your entire room evenly. Also, the front-facing vent gives you the freedom to install the unit on your wall or in a fireplace opening.
The fireplace features a black tempered glass panel that gives it a sophisticated look. You wouldn’t shy off from installing it on a conspicuous place in your living room, boardroom, or even your office.
3GPlus electric fireplace utilizes an innovative 3D flame technology to give your room an attractive decorative effect. In fact, you can turn off the heater and enjoy the sight of the 3D flames.
- Front location of heating vent makes it available for BOTH Wall Recessed and Wall Mounted. Black flat tempered glass panel create clean & contemporary decorative effect to your room, requires no gas, no oil, no smoke, no ashes.
- Realistic flame with 3 color changing options: Amber, Blue, Amber & Blue, Color Cycling and Off. Perfect ambiance for all rooms. Crystal glass bed for an authentic feel. 3D flame technology.
- 1500W / 5,100 BTU's. Flame effect can be operated with or without heat. Two heat setting, high & low, fit for room up to coverage of 400 square feet.
- Easy Installation-needs Only a few minutes. Touch-screen control & LCD Remote control available, including on/off, heater, timer, color, and temperature control (68°F to 88°F)
- CSA certified, Safety cut-off device for overheat protection.
- Remote controlled
- Delivers a realistic flame effect
- Multicolored flame
- Has a built-in timer
- Adjustable temperature
- CSA certified
- The flame effect looks artificial
You can change the 3D flame into amber, amber-blue, or blue colors. This feature saves you from the boredom associated with staring at a single color each time you turn on your fireplace. If you don’t like the flames, you can turn them off and enjoy the heat from your newly acquired fireplace.
3GPlus fireplace has easy to access buttons under its LVD display to let you operate it with ease. However, if you dislike using the onboard controls, you can use a provided remote control to operate this best electric fireplace.
The electric fireplace comes equipped with an in-built timer that turns off your unit after a predetermined period. Moreover, the furnace gives you the freedom to regulate its heat output according to your specific heating needs.
For safety purposes, this best electric fireplaces for heat has a safety cut-off, an innovative feature that turns off your unit when it overheats. Therefore, you can leave it on while you are away from home.
Like most electric powered fireplaces, installing 3GPlus electric fireplace isn’t complicated. Many homeowners who have used it claim that they were able to mount it on their wall in less than one hour. You will not need a technician to help you fix it.
Final Words – Heat up this Winter!
If you need an inexpensive model, go for Dimplex deluxe fireplace. Despite its low price point, the unit works as efficiently as high-end rivals. It operates quietly, delivers a realistic flame, and it is easy to install. You can adjust its heat output according to your needs.
If you don’t mind spending, get Napoleon NEFL60FH Allure, our best choice. You can control the unit’s heat output and flame color from a distance away. Its ultra-slim design does not distort your wall’s décor, and its multicolored flame adds a sense of sophistication to your interior.
Home owners who want the best value for their money can purchase, PuraFlame Alice recessed fireplace, 3GPlus 42-inch fireplace, Walker EdisonW58FP18ES, Touchstone 80004 Sideline, or Southern Enterprises Cartwright convertible.