Last Updated on March 15, 2020 by woodcutter
In the past, gardeners, commercial fruit pickers, and homeowners climbed trees using ladders to pick fruits. While the trick worked, the fruit pickers risked falling off the ladders and sustaining severe injuries. Moreover, the fruit picking process was difficult and time-consuming.
But, nowadays, climbing trees to gather fruits is a bygone. Savvy gardeners and homeowners use best fruit picker tool to get the job done. Fruit pickers have a long pole that extends to the fruits, and robust prongs to pluck the fruits. Some have a basket to hold and bring the plucked fruits to the ground carefully.
The fruit pickers let you pick more fruits in less time, using less effort. You can use them to pick oranges, apples, pears, lemons, tangerines, avocado, grapes, and virtually any other fruit on your orchard.
Notwithstanding, finding a high-quality best fruit picker in the world is a demanding mission since the market has countless models. You would need lots of time to search for a durable picker designed to pick the type of fruits you intend to harvest.
Here is small sampling of 8 best Best Fruit Picker in the world
Do you have time to undertake such an arduous purchasing assignment? If you don’t, we are here to make things easier. We have appraised eight of the best apple pickers that tool stores have to offer.
Seasoned gardeners and commercial fruit farmers use the fruit pickers on this list. They last long, their baskets have a sensible capacity, and their poles have a reasonable adjustable length. Read on to invest in the right fruit picker for your harvesting needs.
Abco Tech Fruit Picker is a number one choice for homeowners with orchards, and commercial fruit farmers. It features a sturdy aluminum pole that is light in weight and resistant to unforgiving weather elements.
The aluminum pole is lighter than those made from steel and wood. Hence, you can use it for an extended fruit picking session without straining, injuring, and or fatiguing your hand and back muscles.
Despite its lightweight, the pole cannot break or bend even when the fruit picker basket is loaded with fruits.
- Has a sturdy telescoping aluminum pole
- Picks all kinds of fruits
- Bruise free padded basket
- Quite costly
- Lacks assembly instructions
Measuring 13 feet, Abco Tech Fruit Picker’s pole is best long reach fruit picker that let you pick fruits on short and or tall fruit trees. You can adjust the pole’s length according to the height of the fruit tree you are looking to harvest.
This best fruit picker tool has a bruise-free fruit catcher to shield your fruits from unintended scratches. The feature makes it an ultimate choice for commercial fruit pickers who wouldn’t want to compromise their fruits’ market appeal.
Also, the basket has sufficient space to accommodate fruits of varied sizes. As such, you can use this best fruit picker basket to pick peaches, mangoes, apples, avocadoes, tangerines, and any other fruit growing on your orchard.
Some gardeners who have used this apple picker report that its fruit basket feels unstable when loaded with several fruits. Though, you might not encounter this issue if you offload the basket after picking a few fruits.
Abco Tech covers this best fruit picker tool with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn’t live up to its promise, feel free to send it back to the seller for a refund. The satisfaction guarantee gives you the peace of mind you need to invest in this fruit harvesting tool.
Are you looking to harvest delicate fruits? If yes, this best fruit picker from Zenport would be the most appropriate tool for the task. It has rubberized claws that hold your delicate fruits gently, but firmly as you pluck them. As such, the fruits won’t slide off the claws accidentally.
Zenport ZL6146B Long Reach fruit picker features a massive duty aluminum pole that can withstand regular use and misuse at the orchard. The pole can stretch to 10 feet long, which is sufficient enough to let you pluck fruits on small to medium height fruit trees.
Different from those heavy fruit pickers that can overwhelm your hand muscles, this apple picker weighs just 2 pounds. The light construction makes it an ideal fit for seniors, people with less energy, as well as those who wish to use the tool for a prolonged fruit harvesting period.
- ZL6146B long reach telescopic fruit picker that safely holds fruit as you twist it when harvesting fruit tree field crops
- Extends from 66-Inches, 84-Inches and 108-Inches fully extended
- Heavy duty telescopic aluminum pole construction
- Three bruise free soft rubber padded claws keep each piece of fruit safe from damage when picking
- Soft TPR grip aluminum handle with safety lock
- Has a telescoping aluminum pole
- Comes with padded claws
- Has soft grips to keep your hands comfortable
- Weighs just 2 pounds
- Ideal for picking delicate fruits
- Lacks a fruit holding basket
- Not ideal for picking small size fruits
The fruit picker’s pole has soft TRP grips to keep your hands comfortable throughout the fruit picking session. Besides comfort, the grips give you a secure grip even during those wet days or whenever your hands get sweaty.
On the downside, this fruit picker lacks a dedicated basket to hold several fruits before you bring them to the ground safely. Hence, you will need to offload the claws each time you pick a fruit. The procedure can consume much of your effort and time.
The lack of a dedicated fruit holding basket can piss off gardeners who wish to pluck several fruits quickly. However, if you just pick a few fruits occasionally, then this fruit picker would not let you down.
If you are looking for a fruit picker with an extra-long pole to pluck fruits from the tallest trees, this best fruit picker from DocaZoo would be one of the most suitable fruit pickers for you. It features a 24 feet pole that is long enough to access and pluck fruits on the highest branches.
You can fold down the aluminum pole to six feet whenever you want to pick fruits in short trees or keep it in your tool store conveniently. A nail hook on this aluminum handle lets you hang your fruit picker on a wall.
The aluminum pole can resist corrosion and the deterioration which could occur when you expose the fruit picker to all the typical weather elements in your orchard.
- EASY TWIST-ON FRUIT PICKER TOOL + 24 FOOT EXTENSION POLE – provides up to 30-32 feet of reach – simply twist the fruit picking basket onto the pole – most fruit picking baskets require the basket to be ratched onto the pole for every us – not the DocaPole Fruit Picker! Simply tighten the basket collar around the provided adapter prior to the first use.
- MULTI-PICK BASKET – the large volume fruit picker basket can hold multiple pieces fruit, so that there’s no need to retract the basket after each pick. Let the basket fill up with fruit before retracting to save time.
- BRUISE FREE – the DocaPole Fruit Picker comes with a padded insert to ensure all picked fruit fall onto and rest on a soft surface to prevent bruising and preserve the high quality of fresh picked fruit.
- 24 FOOT DOCAPOLE TELESCOPIC POLE – the 6-24 foot high-quality, light-weight aluminum extension pole is a high-quality, premium telescopic pole featuring a solid metal tip + a screw-on hinge tip with 180 degrees of rotation – use with a wide variety of attachments for window cleaning, light bulb changing, gutter cleaning, hanging lights, and more.
- FRUIT PICKING TOOL FOR ALL FRUIT – this fruit picker tool supports all types of fruit picking: apple, avocado, orange, plum, nectarine, peach, mango, papaya, pear, lemon, lime, kiwi, grapefruit, pomegranate, fig, apricot, persimmons, and more!
- Comes with a 24 feet aluminum pole
- Equipped with a spacious bruise-free basket
- Picks all types of fruits
- The pole has soft grips
- Construction is resistant to weather elements
- Quite heavy
Furthermore, the telescoping pole has rubberized handle grips to enhance your comfort while picking fruits. The rubber grips provide a firm grip when working on wet conditions, or when your palms get slimy with sweat.
This fruit picker features a twist-on fruit picking basket with sturdy prongs. The prongs can pluck apples, peaches, mangoes, avocadoes, papaya, nectarines, oranges, tangerines, and any other fruit on your orchard.
Its fruit picker basket has soft padding on its bottom to shield harvested fruits from bruises that would compromise their market appeal. In fact, that is one of the reasons why the fruit picker is famous among large scale farmers who grow fruits for commercial purposes.
DocaPole Fruit Picker weighs 6.65 pounds, which is quite heavy than its rivals on this list. While such a weight is manageable for most adults, it might overwhelm seniors, gardeners with less energy, as well as people who intend to use the fruit picker to harvest several fruits regularly.
JBM designed this fruit picker for gardeners and homeowners looking for a multipurpose tool. You can use its versatile pole as a handle for your bulb changer, squeegee, cobweb remover, or window cleaner.
JBM’s technicians constructed the pole from aluminum, an alloy that can survive the wear occasioning from regular fruit picking and squeegeeing. You can adjust the pole’s length to suit the height of the tree you are looking to harvest. Fold it down to 5 feet for secure storage and transportation.
While the 13 feet pole provides enough length to let you pick fruits on short to medium height fruit trees, it might not be sufficient for harvesting fruits on tall trees. So, if your orchard has tall fruit trees, get a picker with a long pole.
- 1.Extra Lightweight & Extended: Then telescoping pole is made of aluminum material, much lighter to hold and operate than wooden and fiberglass pole. The pole can be extended from 5feet fully to 12 feet fully, satisfying nearer and farther distance.
- 2.Easy to Assemble & Use: Simply twist the fruit picking basket onto the pole,then tighten the bolt on the clamp to fix the basket on the pole, finally adjust the pole to extend to the available distance you desire and grips the non-slip foam-rubber hand grips to reach the fruits. ( Notice: a flat head screwdriver (not included ) is needed to tighten the bolt on the clamp to attach the fruit picker to the pole.)
- 3.Bruise Free: Foam rubber pad will cushion the first piece of fruit, preventing the bruising and getting fresh fruits
- 4.Muti Purpose: The telescoping pole can be detached to be twisted on other household tool, such as buster, bulb changer, and window squeegee to solve all your hard-to-reach tasks!
- 5.Package Includes: Red fruit basket x 1; Telescoping pole x 1; Foam rubber pad x 1; Ring clamp x 1
- Multipurpose pole made of aluminum
- Designed to pick all types of fruits
- The handle has non-slip rubber grips
- Comes with a sizeable basket
- Weighs just 2.4 pounds
- It is not the longest fruit picker
JBM fruit picker’s pole has non-slip rubber grips to give you a firm grasp when working during wet days. Also, the soft foam rubber grips safeguard your palms from blistering in those days when you need to harvest fruits for several hours.
JBM fruit picker comes equipped with a twist-on picking basket that lets you pluck several fruits before you bring them down to the ground safely. The basket has a foam rubber pad to protect your fruits from bruises.
The fruit picker comes in separate parts that need assembly. However, the assembly part should not scare you away from purchasing this apple picking pole. You will just need to twist the picking basket onto the pole, and then tighten it using a bolt.
Weighing just 2.4 pounds, this fruit picker safeguards your hand muscles from strain associated with the use of heavy pickers. Seniors, kids, and gardeners with less energy can use this fruit picker without issue.
Eversprout is the best expandable fruit picker as well as 13 feet fruit picker stands as one of the best value fruit pickers you would find in the tool market. So, if you value your dollar, don’t shy off from adding this fruit picker to your gardening tools store.
It comes with a multipurpose pole to save you from wasting your dollars buying several poles for various tools in your home. You can use it with your bulb changer, cobweb duster, squeegee, and scrub brushes.
Eversprout designed the multifunction pole from high-grade aluminum to serve you for long, even when subjected to regular use. It is resistant to harsh elements like washing detergents, water, and direct sunlight.
- FIRST TWIST-ON BASKET HEAD, FOAM CUSHION PREVENTS BRUISING, +BONUS FRUIT BAG – Unlike others, our Fruit Picker twists onto the threaded Extension Pole, providing a quick, reliable, and secure attachment that won’t come loose! Foam pad is included to provide a soft landing for picked fruit, meaning No Bruised fruit. Also included is a Bonus Fruit Carrying Bag for when you harvest your fruits.
- SAVE TIME, SKIP THE LADDER – REACH FRUIT UP TO 20+ FEET WHEN STANDING – Included is an Eversprout Extension Pole (4.5 to 12 ft) and Twist-On Basket (13” x 5.6” x 5.6”). Fruit Picker Basket twists onto 3-Stage Aluminum Extension Pole & extends to any custom length from 5-to-13 Feet. Reach up to 20+ feet when standing. (Note: Basket diameter is 5.6 inches, fruit bigger than won't fit in basket)
- THE EVERSPROUT ADVANTAGE – 1 YEAR WARRANTY, MIND-BLOWING USA CUSTOMER SERVICE, 1 TREE PLANTED WITH EVERY ORDER – When’s the last time you had a shopping experience that ‘Wowed’ you? Probably not in a while. Here at Eversprout we match Amazing, Hand-Inspected & Packaged Products with incredible USA customer service.
- ARRIVES PRE-ASSEMBLED FOR IMMEDIATE USE, DESIGNED IN U.S.A. – The ONLY Fruit Picker that arrives Pre-Assembled for immediate fruit picking. Perfect for picking fruit that is between 1.25 to 5.5 inches in diameter - such as apples, oranges, avocados, apricots, mangos, lemons, kiwis, papayas, limes, nectarines, grapefruits, pears, plums, and more! (Note: Basket diameter is 5.6 inches, fruit bigger than won't fit in basket)
- THE ULTIMATE EXTENSION POLE ON THE MARKET TODAY – Lightweight Aluminum pole weighs only 1.5 pounds and is very sturdy. Non-Slip Foam Hand Grips for comfort and reliable grip in wet conditions. Frustration Free Flip-Tab Locking Mechanism means NO SECTIONS GETTING STUCK like traditional twist-lock poles, AND allows any custom length between 4.5 and 12 ft. 3/4” Acme Thread Pole Tip is made of metal alloy for durability – compatible with any Eversprout Attachment with over 10x Potential Uses.
- Fabricated from high-grade aluminum
- Comes with a bonus carry bag
- Equipped with a twist-on basket
- Covered with a risk-free guarantee
- Padded grips
- Weighs 2.3 pounds
- The foam grips aren’t sturdy enough for heavy use
- Prongs not ideal for plucking small size fruits
The pole has soft foam grips to give you the comfort you need to pick fruits, clean your windows, or accomplish any other task using this tool. However, some fruit pickers who have tried this unit complain that the soft grips wear out after short use.
But, the grips can stay put for years, if you keep your tool away from direct sunlight, and prolonged exposure to harsh elements. As an alternative, you can use a good pair of gloves, or get replacements if the grips wear out.
Measuring 13 feet long, this best fruit picker provides a sufficient working length to pluck fruits on short to medium-height trees. You can adjust the pole’length according to the height of fruit trees you are looking to harvest.
Eversprout fruit picker comes equipped with a stainless steel twist-on basket that can hold fruits with a maximum diameter of 5 inches. It is, therefore, suitable for picking all kinds of fruits growing on your orchard.
Some gardeners say that the prongs on this unit do not hold small size fruits like cherries, plums, and grapes well. Hence, the picker might upset if you intend to use this fruit picker for plucking small size fruits. Eversprout covers this fruit picker with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Ohuhu fruit picker boasts of a smart telescoping telescopic fruit picker that lets you harvest all kinds of fruits growing on short and medium-height trees. You can adjust the pole into three different pole lengths.
It has a lock to keep your pole from retracting or stretching accidentally. Therefore, you will not need to waste your time adjusting your fruit picker’s pole every time it retracts accidentally.
The pole has sturdy rubber grips to keep your palms comfortable and secure while plucking fruits. Unlike the substandard grips on other models, the rubber grips on this tool can stick onto your fruit picker’s pole for as long as it can last.
- Extra lightweight and durable aluminum pole for repetitive use with minimal fatigue - much lighter than fiberglass or wood poles.
- Deep basket with "Bruise Free" pad - Keeps each piece of fruit safe from damage or bruise.
- Smart telescoping pole 3 steps to get the desired length: unlock the yellow locking buckle, extend and lock.
- Super easy to use - Hook the fruit between the prongs and gently pull to pick.
- Totally 13 Ft long (with the basket) - Allows you to reach all of your avocados, mangoes, ackees, etc.
- Comes with an aluminum telescoping pole
- Equipped with a deep non-bruising basket
- Has rubberized hand grips
- Picks most types of fruits
- Less costly
- Heavier than some of its rivals on this list
- Basket may detach from pole in some occasions
This apple picker has a deep basket to let you pluck several fruits before you bring them down to the ground. The harvesting basket’s bottom has a soft pad that protects your fruits from accidental bruises.
The spacious padded basket makes it an ideal fit for gardeners who harvest their fruits for sale, as well as those commercial fruit pickers who need to collect more fruits within a short time.
Ohuhu’s harvesting basket has sturdy prongs that can let you pick avocadoes, apples, oranges, tangerines, and any other large size fruit effortlessly. However, the prongs may not grasp cherries, grapes, and other small size fruits securely.
While the harvesting basket serves the function it was intended for, some gardeners report that the bracket which affixes the bucket to the pole is quite flimsy. Therefore, sometimes, the basket can detach from the pole.
This fruit picking tool weighs 3.3 pounds. The weight is manageable for most adult gardeners. However, it can overwhelm senior gardeners, and people living with medical ailments which affect their arms.
Get this inexpensive long handled fruit picker Flexrake LRB189 to harvest your mangoes, avocadoes, apples, apricots, and any other fruit on short to medium-height trees. The picker is ideal for homeowners with small orchards or gardeners who harvest fruits seasonally.
Flexrake LRB189 comes with an 8 feet wooden pole, and a vinyl-coated harvesting basket. The basket and pole come as separate parts that require assembly. Though, if you are not tech-savvy, do not fret about the process since it is straightforward.
Gathering your fruits with this fruit picker is direct and painless. You just grab the fruit you want to pick with the picker’s prongs and then pull it. It will detach from the branch, and fall into the harvesting basket.
- Great for all fruits
- Heavy gauge vinyl coated wire basket
- Easy assembly
- Grab and pull action
- "Bruise Free" fruit pad is gentle on all fruit
- Great for all fruits
- Easy assembly
- Grab and pull action
- Picks all types of fruits
- Has a sizeable vinyl-coated harvesting basket
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to use
- Wooden non-adjustable handle
- Quite heavy
- Handle lacks ergonomic grips
Flexrake’s technicians coated the apple picker’s basket with vinyl to protect it from corrosion and rusting. Also, the vinyl coating protects the basket from scratches, and any other deterioration occasioning from regular fruit harvesting.
The fruit picking basket has sturdy prongs that can harvest almost all types of fruits. The basket’s bottom side has bruise-free padding to protect your harvest from scratches and bruises that can lower their market appeal.
Like most competitors on this list, Flexrake fruit picker’s basket has sufficient capacity to hold several fruits at a time. As such, you wouldn’t need to bring every single fruit to the ground before you proceed to harvest others.
Flexrake fruit picker’s wooden pole is sturdy enough to withstand several uses. However, it is quite heavy and less sturdy than those poles made of aluminum. Nonetheless, the weight shouldn’t be an issue if you use it to pick a few fruits occasionally.
LavoHome’s professional metal fruit picker is another excellent pick for gardeners and homeowners who are looking for the best budget apple picking pole. Regardless of the inexpensive price tag, this fruit picking tool has everything you would need to simplify your fruit harvesting task.
LavoHome’s specialists fabricated this fruit picker from an all-metallic construction to serve you over several fruit harvesting seasons. Its pole has a PVC covering to safeguard it the deterioration which could occur from external elements.
The basket has a red paint that wards away harsh weather elements like moisture. Into the bargain, the harvesting basket has a bruise-free pad to shield your fruits from unsightly bruises that could damage your harvest.
- ★ENJOY FRESH RIPE FRUIT right off the tree - Supreme Quality pvc coated pole with 3 year warranty!
- ★1 INCH BRUISE FREE-INCH FRUIT PAD is gentle on all fruit
- ★DURABLE METAL POLE for long lasting use for years to come
- ★GRAB AND PULL ACTION FOR FAST PICKING! - Save time and energy without the risk of falling off a ladder - Unique Imports Trademark!
- ★8 FOOT LONG REACH FRUIT PICKER - Reach up to 15ft standing up with arms raised up!
- Utilizes a PVC coated telescoping metallic pole
- Equipped with a spacious fruit catcher
- Uses the grab and pull action to pluck fruits
- Easy to assemble
- Less expensive
- Not ideal for harvesting fruits on tall trees
- Basket feels wobbly when attached on pole
- Lacks ergonomic grips
This professional fruit picker utilizes grab-and-pull action to pluck all types of fruits. This functionality lets you harvest several fruits within a short time, using less effort. You don’t need prior knowledge to use this best fruit picker.
With LavoHome professional fruit picker’s 8 feet pole, you can pluck fruits on 15 feet tall trees. However, if you intend to use this fruit picker on taller trees, we propose that you shop around for one with a long pole.
While the pole works as intended, it lacks the ergonomic grips found on rival fruit pickers. As such, the pole may hurt or blister your hands during those seasons when you have several fruits to harvest. Nonetheless, the grips would not be an issue if you have a good pair of gloves.
Take Away- Reasons why you need an excellent best fruit picker tool to harvest your fruits
Some gardeners, more so those with small orchards, think that fruit-picking tools are meant for commercial fruit pickers. However, the tool is ideal for anybody who owns either a small or large farm. In fact, you can purchase a fruit picker even if you own a few fruit trees. Why would you need one?
- It protects you from falling off your ladder or fruit tree
Some gardeners use ladders to harvest their fruits. While the ladder lets you access higher heights, you can slip off its rungs and fall. Fruit pickers make you pluck your fruits without the need to climb a ladder or fruit tree.
- Fruit pickers protect delicate fruits from damage
Some fruits damage or lose their market appeal when they fall from heights or when you bruise them accidentally using inappropriate fruit picking tools. Best apple pickers have a padded harvesting basket that protects your fruits from bruises or accidental falls.
- Fruit pickers simplify fruit harvesting
Climbing ladders and picking fruits manually can be difficult and time-consuming. Unlike the use of ladders, fruit pickers have long poles that extend to a fruit tree, and sturdy prongs that can pluck fruits effortlessly. You would not need to waste your effort climbing up and down ladders.
- You can use your fruit picker’s pole for multiple functions
You can use your fruit picker’s pole for numerous purposes. For instance, you can use it alongside your squeegee to clean windows, or with your cobweb duster to clear cobwebs from your interior. As well, you can use the pole as a bulb changer.