Last Updated on
High quality wheelbarrows in the market are usually expensive. However, that does not mean the best wheelbarrow must always cost a pound of gold for your garden job! Thus, we have come up with a list of barrows for you to consider purchasing. Further, we have reviewed best wheelbarrow for home use & for yard work, that give you a comprehensive guide to buying the best wheelbarrow under $100.
Why choose the best wheelbarrow under $100
Price is the major reason you should consider buying a cheap wheelbarrow. Well, you definitely have several other needs and a wheelbarrow should not take all the money you have. Remember, the most expensive wheelbarrows are not always the best. You may be lucky enough to find a few that are much cheaper and of higher quality than the costly. So, when making your pick for best heavy-duty wheelbarrow; pay attention to price, purpose and quality!
Heavy Duty Wagon Carrier Barrow Garden Cart
If you are looking for a top class four-wheeler, I suggest you try the 650LB Green Garden Cart Dump Wagon. The four-wheeled wagon is also comfortable and ergonomic best wheelbarrow for yard work. It has a large volume and it is sturdy, too. In addition, it is easy to operate and you do not need any special skills.
- Constructed out of heavy-duty polycarbonate and a steel frame that allows the cart to remain durable
- The cart is built with 10” turf tires that allow the cart to roll in various types of terrain
- Once the cart reaches the destination, supplies, such as sand or gravel, can easily be dumped (remove lock and tip the bed)
- Load supplies up to 650 lbs. on the flat platform while the tilted shape holds and dumps up to 220 lbs.
- Flat platform loading capacity: 650 lbs.
Advantages of using the Garden Wagon Cart
- First, it is sturdy and durable. The wheelbarrow is built with heavy-duty polycarbonate material that not only lasts for long but also withstands large loads. The steel frame makes the cart durable and strong. This makes it able to carry loads that are both hard and heavy. For instance, you can carry concrete or firewood on the barrow.
- Second, the cart is capable of carrying large loads. You see, it has a large basin onto which you can put at least 650 pounds of loads. Then, the titled shape allows it to hold even more. This could be an extra 220 pounds. In terms of size, the barrow measures 40 by 15.5 by 37 inches. An empty barrow weighs around 31 barrows and this means it is easy to operate.
- Third, the barrow is both ergonomic and easy to operate. If you hate it when you have to use extra strength to load up or empty the material on your barrow, then you should give the Garden Wagon Cart a shot. The emptying mechanism is simple to understand. All you need is remove the lock and tip the bed when you want to offload.
- Fourth, the barrow has ergonomic handles and turf tires that give the barrow the freedom to roll on rough terrains.
Garden Wagon Cart Cons
- Plastic barrows may not be as sturdy as the metallic varieties.
Free Yard Rover Wheelbarrow/Garden Cart Review
If you need a two-wheeler barrow that has a sturdy poly tray, then you might want to use the Garden Star 70006. A two non-pneumatic tire barrow is made of rustproof poly material and steel bars. Further, it is ergonomic and easy to assemble. Find the pros and cons of the Garden Star 70006 best wheelbarrow for home use below.
- Two flat free tires, make it easier to lift, balance and maneuver and eliminate the hassle of flat tires
- The loop handle allows users to push, pull or dump the contents of the yard Rover
- Rust-proof 5-cubic foot poly tray and 300-pound load capacity - perfect for residential use
- Only takes minutes to assemble and only tools required are a crescent wrench and included hex wrench.
- Weighs less than an average wheelbarrow.
Pros of the Garden Star 70006
- First, you do not need to mend punctures or add air to the tires. The wheelbarrow has two flat-free tires. These maintain an impeccable balance when you are carrying heavy loads around the yard or anywhere else. In addition, the non-flat mechanism eliminates the hassles associated with handling pneumatic tires. They are cheaper therefore cheaper to maintain than their air based counterparts.
- Second, they are rust proof. Iron trays are normally affected by water, weather and the kind of material they carry. The majority end up getting corroded and damaged. However, the Garden Star 70006 has a 5 cubic foot tray made of poly material. This makes it last long and capable of withstanding different weathers. It is also sturdy enough to carry loads of up to 300 pounds.
- Third, it is easy to operate and assemble. You definitely don’t want to move a tractor around the yard in the name of a wheelbarrow. Garden Star knows this and that’s why they bring you a loop handled barrow. This this type is easy to pull and push. It’s also simple to load or offload at the right place. It weighs less than most wheelbarrows, too.
Cons of the Garden Star 70006
- Many users believe the rover would be better if it would have thicker metal frames. This would allow it to carry more weight.
- Also, poly trays are not the most durable. They are susceptible to breakages caused by wear and tear especially when carrying course loads such as concrete.
Two Wheel Poly Wheelbarrow Review
If you are looking for a domestic best wheelbarrow for moving dirt, then you may consider buying the MARASTAR Green Thumb best wheelbarrow for gardening. In brief, the wheelbarrow has a poly tray, 300 weight capacity and a sturdy construction. Further, it has two pneumatic wheels and a loop frame. Below are the pros and cons of the MARASTAR Green Thumb 70008 wheelbarrow.
- 5 cuft poly tray for access and oversized loads
- 300 lb load capacity
- Easily rolls over terrain
Pros of MARASTAR Green Thumb 70008
- Poly tray
If you care about weight and longevity, then you may want to buy a wheelbarrow with a poly tray. Poly trays can withstand different weathers. They are rust-proof, unlike their iron counterparts. Further, they can be used to carry different liquids and substances that would corrode metals.
- 300 load capacity
The wheelbarrow allows you to carry up to 300 pounds. The weight is uniformly distributed by its steel frame and onto the two wheels. This gives the barrow the ability to carry heavy weights without any strains.
- Easy to push or pull over terrains
The wheelbarrow is made in such a way that allows you to operate it easily. Some of the features that contribute to its user-friendliness include the dual pneumatic wheels and loop handle. First, the loop handle ensures that you can pull, push or empty the rover easily. Again, it contributes to balance when carrying heavy loads. Second, the 14 inch pneumatic wheels support movement on rough terrains.
- Sturdy steel frame
The frame is one of the most important parts of a wheelbarrow. It acts as the skeleton and thus determines balance and weight capacity of a rover. MARASTAR Green Thumb 70008 has a strong steel frame that allows you to carry up to 300lbs.
Cons of MARASTAR Green Thumb 70008
- Poly trays not durable
You don’t really expect plastic stuff to stay as long as their metallic counterparts do, do you? Well, plastics can easily get broken or scratched when they fall or you carry concrete or other course loads.
- Pneumatic tires could go flat
Tires that need to be filled with air in order for them to function risk going flat.
Best Heavy Duty Wheelbarrow GOR4PS Steel Frame Poly Garden Dump Cart
Sometimes, you want to invest in a top class wheelbarrow that will serve all the purposes you need at home. And, when it comes to the best wheelbarrow under $100, Gorilla Carts GOR4PS is a clear cut above the rest! It is a four-wheeler poly tray barrow with a huge weight capacity and fantastic operation features. And, it’s affordable, too! Here are the pros and cons of the Gorilla Carts GOR4PS wheelbarrow.
- Patented quick-release dump feature makes unloading quick and easy
- New frame design reduces assembly time while offering improved maneuverability and ground clearance
- Durable 38.7-inch x 20-inch rust-proof poly bed and 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Padded pull handle makes it easy to pull up to 600-pounds.1-year limited warranty
Pros of Gorilla Carts GOR4PS
- Stable and robust steel frame
When you think about the capabilities of a wheelbarrow, you should first consider checking its frame. If the frame is strong, the tool will definitely carry heavy loads. The Gorilla Carts GOR4PS has a stable and steel frame that is not only strong, but also durable.
- 4 10” Pneumatic tires support all terrains
Then, the wheelbarrow has four pneumatic tires each measuring ten inches. These are important when it comes to moving around different terrains. Remember, the non-flat varieties get easily tuck in the ground and leave a trail behind. But, the air-based wheels make the load feel lighter even when pulling on rough terrains.
- 600 lbs weight capacity
What would be better than knowing you can carry a huge load at once? Well, the Gorilla Carts GOR4PS saves your time by supporting up to 600 pounds. It owes its capacity to its four pneumatic wheels, wide tray and robust construction.
- Easy to operate – Patented Dump feature
Gorilla Carts GOR4PS has a unique patented dump feature that lets it offload easily. You don’t need to bend on one side like in the case of other conventional wheelbarrows.
- Rust proof poly tray
Cons of Gorilla Carts GOR4PS
- Iron bolts and nuts could rust if left outside in a misty night
4 cubic ft. Capacity Haul Plastic Wheelbarrow Review
In terms of age, gardening starts early and ends late. This is evident in the way kids love copying your gardening skills. Plus, it’s just too difficult to stick elderly gardeners in the house. So, you need to get them the best gardening wheelbarrows in the market. The rules are simple- keep it lightweight and easy to operate. That’s exactly why you need the Simplay3 Easy Haul Plastic Wheelbarrow w/Garden Tool Storage Tray.
- Durable, heavy duty plastic wheelbarrow pivots and rolls easily on two 13.5" roto tough treaded wheels.
- Smart easy to tilt design is complete with two easy grip handles for stable loading and unloading.
- Extra deep with 4 cubic feet of heaped capacity for heavy loads with a flat floor to keep contents level.
- Bonus storage tray for garden tools, drinks, and more!
- Heavy duty, double wall resin construction withstands the elements & won't rust, dent, or break – Made in the USA.
Pros of the Simplay3 Easy Haul Plastic Wheelbarrow
- Perfect for kids and the senior citizens
It doesn’t matter whether you are 5 or 75. You can practice gardening with the Simplay3 Easy Haul Plastic Wheelbarrow. It’s designed for easy holding, carrying and operation.
It is not only easy to maintain and operate the Simplay3 Easy Haul Plastic Wheelbarrow, but also keep using it for long. It doesn’t get damaged easily. The best wheelbarrow for mulch has a double wall heavy duty construction that will withstand the test of time!
- Built-in tool tray
Even when you are not going out to the garden, you can use the barrow as a store for your tools. And, when you decide to go outdoors, you can carry drinking water and farm tools in the accessible tray.
- Easy to operate
The wheelbarrow is made for kids and the elderly, but you can also use it in your prime. The two non-flat wheeler is designed for even weight distribution, balance and easy operation. You can push, pull or tip the wheelbarrow without any toil.
- 4 cubic feet volume
- Sturdy non rust construction
Cons of the Simplay3 Easy Haul Plastic Wheelbarrow
- It is definitely not for heavy duties and extensive gardening
How To Pick The Best Wheelbarrow Under $100 For Backyard Garden And Farm
Which factors should you consider when buying the best cheap wheelbarrow? Well, you do not want to buy something you cannot be proud of. Therefore, prior research about the type and quality of the barrow is critical. Some of the issues you need to know before adding the tool to your cart include the following.
Warren Buffet, one of the most affluent men in our times advises that you should save before you spend. Well, he probably believes it because he had more than enough, but; he had a point! If you want to attain financial independence, you should avoid buying by impulse. Again, you should have a budget and stick to it. The market has barrows with prices that range between $30 and a thousand bucks. Only buy what you need- consider both price and quality.
How much effort I needed to assemble the wheelbarrow? Well, if you are not savvy, you should buy carts that are easy to assemble. If possible, buy those that are assembled already. Again, do not take home a wheelbarrow that needs too much maintenance.
How long do you want the barrow to serve you? Those with metallic trays last longer than those made of plastic. Plus, if you maintain it well, it will not get easily damaged.
How to use the best wheelbarrows under $100
The durability and performance of a wheelbarrow depends on how well you can maintain it. Here are a few maintenance tips for you!
- Choose the best wheelbarrow or cart for your purpose.
- Ensure all movable parts are lubricated.
- Wash the barrow after use.
- Store it in a dry place away from UV light or water.
- Repair any faulty parts as soon as you notice them.