Last Updated on April 17, 2020 by woodcutter
A good chainsaw guaranties faster cutting without getting tired first. The poulan pro chain saw review PP5020AV is a good pick with a high-quality chainsaw coming at a bargain for consumers. The Poulan Company is owned by the Husqvarna Company that also specializes on chainsaws. You will realize that most of the parts in the Poulan chainsaw have an “H” which is the iconic mark of the Husqvarna Company. The Poulan chainsaw is known to offer value to consumers in so many ways.
The 50.8cc is a powerful engine than most chainsaws at the same price can over. Poulan gets to offer you the power to handle the toughest of jobs with ease. Most of the Husqvarna features can be found here but then the prices vary.
Husqvarna chainsaws come at a higher price but are relatively similar to what you get in the Poulan Pro PP5020AV chainsaw. They are not the same to Husqvarna but you a buildup and quality similar to them at a relatively lower price. This is what most people don’t realize. Poulan pro reviews are a true bargain for consumers looking for something powerful and reliable at a lower price.
They are fitted with an excellent anti-vibration system on the handles allowing you to handle long hours cutting without feeling numb. The vibration from chainsaws is known to cause some medical condition (Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome) hence the need to wear anti-vibration gloves. The gloves are highly recommended even when working with the Poulan that has very little hand vibrations especially if you work for long hours.
The Engine in the Poulan chainsaw is made to last for decades. The DuraLife engine has been toughened in several ways, and this can easily be understood. The chain is the most important component of the chainsaws and having a durable engine means you get a longer lifespan. The pulling system has also been uniquely designed to offer effortless startup. If you are new to chainsaws and hate pulling several times before they can start, this chainsaw is all you need. They are among the easiest chainsaws to start. With a single pulling, the chainsaw starts, and you get to start your cutting tasks immediately.
Poulan pro PP5020AV chainsaw reviews
- DuraLife Engine - for longer engine life
- Super clean air filter system - extends the life of the air filter
- Effortless pull starting system and reduced vibration handle, reduces operator fatigue
- Automatic chain oiler
- Includes carrying case and on-board locking scrench holder
Pros poulan pro chain saw
- This poulan pro 5020av saw more than enough to works anything (for general property management and firewood cutting) for the average user, unless for commercial wood cutter or using a chain saw for rescue work.
- Powerful cutting for the price and doesn’t bounce back
- Seems durable (50+ hours of use so far) & starts up easily (you may find)
- Gas efficiency is decent, oil consumption is higher than average 20″ chainsaw
Cons poulan pro PP5020AV
- Makes the saw bog down once warmed up
- Too heavy & poor built quality – a lot of internal plastic
- Uses a lot of chain oil (leaks a lot) – this maybe a good thing but it is extremely messy.
- Needs to be worked over every now and then as the chain break can get sticky.
- Bolts loosen and fall off if not tightened fairly snugly. Also, loose bolts lead to broken bar pins, which is a real pain.
- Dust can leak in and slowly down your engine as The air filter *does not* seal well
You can find a lot of poulan pro 20 inch chainsaw reviews on the internet talking positively or negatively depending on the user experience. Let’s face it; chainsaws are very funny when it comes to brand loyalty. People express poulan pro chainsaws reviews depending on the experience they get with them. Most people never go trying these cheaper chainsaws with the mentality the highly priced chainsaws are the best. Well, this might be true to some extent but if you have used the 20 Inch Poulan Pro PP5020AV then you know you can get what most high end chainsaws an offer at a relatively low price.
You can easily end up saving over $100 in getting this chainsaw and still have one of the best cutting experiences that most high-end chainsaws cannot offer. There lot of poulan pro chainsaw reviews in online with users testifying using it for decades without any problems. With proper care and maintenance, you get a long lasting chainsaw in the poulan pro 5020av 20 inch. Make the right choice and save yourself some extra dollars today.