If you are planning to clear trees, chop wood or remove any road obstacles, having the right chainsaw handy will make all the difference. However, all power tools are not alike – particularly when considering the quality. Initially, inexpensive chainsaws might seem like a great deal. However, they may cost you almost three times their worth in terms of energy, time and repairs. Even worse, some pricier models may be riddled with flaws that can make the costly to repair and difficult to use. That is not the case with the Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw. The product is from a dependable and widely known manufacturer and a cut above many others. Also well known as husqvarna rancher 460 too by the user.
Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw reviews
The Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw is ideal for any challenging cutting job, particularly where higher power is needed. However, when deciding to purchase a chainsaw, you should start by checking its main features. Some of the features you expect with the husqvarna rancher 460 Chainsaw includes:
X-Torq 2-Cycle Engine
The Husqvarna 460 Chainsaw comes fully equipped with 2-cycle X-Torq engine that burns less fuel thus minimizing exhaust discharge levels. That fits properly and complies with CARB compliant claims relating to air pollution.
Front Handle Ergonomics
The product’s front 7-degree offset handle offers a better grip to the user.
Smart Start Recoil Starter
With its unique features, the machine can start up faster without hassles. Its air purges responsible for air expulsion from the carburettor. The air purge along with the fuel pump allows easier starting.
Reduced fuel consumption
Even though the product features a fuel tank that can hold 14.88 ounces of fuel, its automatic oil pump controls flow of oil to the bar and chain therefore reducing oil consumption and encourages the machine’s image as environmentally friendly.
The product’s weight stands at 12.8 pounds. In other words, the high tech machine is not only lightweight but also easier to handle. The handling will not hinder the machine’s ability to cutting efficiently.
The chainsaw’s fuel consumption
Unlike many other models, the product uses lesser fuel. In long-term, that means that you will actually save money because the fuel appears to be among the most expensive components of maintaining and operating a chainsaw. Overall, the product uses around 437 g/kWh of fuel. That is much lower compared to Husky’s average power of 490 g/kWh.
The level of noise the engine produces
Compared to many other gas models in the market, the unit produces around the average noise level. The sound is not deafening and you can tolerate it. Then again, if you are an electric chainsaws enthusiast, you will definitely feel the difference between the products and the volume the 460 Rancher produces.
The machine features a combustion engine – not a motor. Therefore, you are more likely to realise that it is considerably louder. The chainsaw has greater power to offer as compared to the available electric units and gas-powered chainsaws in the market.
Husqvarna 460 Rancher: Pros and Cons
What you may like
- The chainsaw is extremely effective and powerful. In addition to that, it never vibrates as much – it will not give your wrist a jostle – thanks to the applied anti-vibe hardware technology.
- Speaking of the power. The machine produces impressive power. Differently put, the machine can effortlessly cut any tree through including when the blade is slightly dulled.
- Compared to chainsaws of the same class, the machine is inexpensive. It also enjoys a larger market presence. You can therefore find its parts in the local stores or purchase them online. That is among the things you do not expect with many other chainsaws in the market today.
- The Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw is ideal during emergency cases, particularly if you rarely cut into trees. Any arborist will tell you that not every chainsaw will start immediately after keeping it for many days. That is including after you have maintained it properly or kept it according to the manufacturer’s specifications. If maintained properly, the 460 Rancher will never fail you in emergency situations.
What you may avoid
- The machine features a number of plastic components that denies it the sophisticated or the premium appearance it deserves.
- The saw is fairly bulky and heavy. Not everyone will fancy carrying it around throughout the day.
- After buying the 460 Rancher, you should not expect any reusable air filter. You will have to purchase the filter separately and also replace it periodically.
How to maintain the Husqvarna Rancher 460
To maintain the chainsaw running in tip-top shape, you have to clean it regularly – preferably after every use. Cleaning out every area including under the sprocket and under its brake cover will prevent the saw from experiencing any malfunctioning associated with obstructions like wood chips and sawdust trapped in the areas.
Even more, you have to add enough chain and bar oil in addition to the fuel. Never operate the machine without first adding enough chain oil or fuel – never use ethanol-based fuels with the product. With the 460 Rancher, you might also need to replace the chain and bar periodically. Particularly, the bar has a tendency of wearing down with time. Lastly, refer to the manual before switching out the chain, adding any oil or doing other maintenance tasks on the product. A quick look on the manual will save you lots of hassles and frustrations when turning up the machine.
The husqvarna rancher 460 falls in the mid-price category. Remember that with chainsaws you will always get exactly what you pay for. The less expensive products are generally appropriate for felling and limbing small narrow trees. With the rancher, you will manage to complete a wide range of tasks. And considering the power, the product is durable than most other products in the market.
Quality is vital, especially when purchasing a chainsaw. Therefore, you should avoid spending your money and time on the substantial models. Just like many other nearly professional-grade chainsaws Husqvarna has produced, this one will not let you down. What’s more, only a few products within the same price category can match the power the Husqvarna 460 Rancher produces. The product offers many features for a lower price. If you are planning to use the chainsaw more often, do not overlook importance of having low maintenance.