Husqvarna 450 Rancher Gas Powered Chainsaw: All You Need To Know
Husqvarna will never miss in the list of the well-known brands in the industry of chainsaws, and that is for good reasons. The company has been producing some of the widely sought-after chainsaws for many years and their reputation in the industry is not second to any other. The Husqvarna 450 Rancher Farm Tough is among the quality gas powered chainsaws currently in the market. It is the chainsaw to go for if you currently have many trees to cut and you are not willing to buy professional grade equipment.
The 450 Rancher is properly designed to match the needs of homeowners and individuals who like completing projects the do-it-yourself way. The product is suitable for any semi-regular use, thus if that suits your requirements, Husqvarna 450 Rancher might be exactly what you are looking for.
How you can use the Husqvarna 450 rancher gas-powered chainsaw
Husky 450 Rancher is powerful than most of the average consumer best chainsaws in the market, but it is not as cumbersome or heavy as most of the professional-grade models. It is a medium sized chainsaw that boasts several unique features that are common with the expensive saws.
Because the product perfectly combines power and size, users easily get accustomed to its operation with little practice. The tool is suitable for clean up after storm damages. It can also cut down large trees and remove limbs easily. But because it is not among the professional-grade machines, you should not be planning to start using it for your daily work. Nevertheless, you can use it to complete jobs faster and efficiently whenever such times come.
Husqvarna Chainsaw 450 Rancher Features
Operating chainsaws can be extremely dangerous, and you can easily see the main reason behind that. Whenever you are in closer proximity to the big exposed tool, you will be at a higher risk of getting injured while the cutting tool is in operation. Husqvarna is always concerned about the user’s safety and they therefore strived to provide some of the safest chainsaws inside the market. For that reason, they implemented several features on the Husqvarna 450 Rancher that will enhance your safety during operations.
The chain brake might be the most important safety feature on the Husky 450 Rancher. Kickbacks are known to be the main source of chainsaw related injuries. Therefore, the manufacturer implemented the chain brake with an effort of reducing all the negative aspects related to kickbacks. The chain brake activates whenever the user pushes the front hand guard forward. You can do that deliberately, when starting the saw, but the mechanism also functions automatically. The machine’s design allows the kickback’s mechanism to force your front hand onto the chainsaw’s hand guard and activating the brake.
Husqvarna has designed the throttle lockout in a way that it will prevent you from activating the throttle accidentally. In other words, in case the throttle locks while in the idle setting and requires deliberate action to unlock the throttle lockout will protect you.
The chain catcher will grab the chain if in any case it snaps or jumps off the chain bar. Provided that you will properly maintain the chain and keep it properly tensioned, you should not expect the problem. However, the manufacturer included the feature for those unexpected cases.
Right hand guard
The manufacturer has designed the rear handle to protect the right hand whenever the chain snaps or jumps off its bar. Even more, it stops foliage and branches from interfering with your grip.
Vibration dampening system
Prolonged exposure to excess vibrations will not cause immediate injuries. Instead, it will damage the nerves in your arms and hands and cause disabling conditions such as vibration white finger. On Husqvarna 450 Rancher the manufacturer uses vibration damping units to insulate the vibration producing components (which include the cutting equipment and the engine) from the handles therefore reducing exposure to the tiring and dangerous vibrations. Always remember that chainsaws produce more vibrations when cutting hardwoods than when cutting softwoods. The same applies when using badly sharpened and blunt chains.
What you may consider?
- Easier to start: clearly the machine is easier to start. You can only attribute its smart start feature to the fact that it only uses fuel driven pump. The air purge withdraws air from the machine’s carburettor continuously.
- Super low emissions: the 450 Rancher is an all-round machine but has lower emission. The X-Torq technology and 3.2 horse power engine makes it ideal for almost any outdoor job.
- Automatic stop switch: the auto-run stop switch facilitates control of the machine.
- Visible fuel level: the manufacturer has designed the chainsaw in a way that you will clearly see the fuel levels. Therefore, the fuel will never end by surprise and cause inconvenience during an outdoor task.
- Easier operation: the manufacturer has designed the machine to handle any fast action during cutting tasks or during modification of the saw. The snap lock cylinder cover, for example, reduces the time needed to change the machine’s spark plugs or to clean the machine.
- Reduced injury cases: the manufacturer cares about the user’s health. The inertia activated chain brake eliminates kickback associated injuries.
What you may not!
- The machine’s longevity will highly depend on the care you input. In other words, the machine will require higher maintenance to remain in the proper shape.
- The machine is slightly expensive. Some customers complain that it is not affordable.
- The machine’s weight stands at 10.8 pounds. Even though that is a big advantage it is a drawback to some individuals.
Words in a Short!
The machine balances between ergonomics and performance. At 11.3 pounds, the machine is extremely light and will be easier on your back. Fundamentally, the Husqvarna Rancher 450 works effectively in trimming tasks. The all-round tool will save you the expenses related to buying many tools – each for individual task. The manufacturer has measured and tested every unit accurately, including the weight and height. That is with aim of ensuring effectiveness of the machine. Therefore, the 450 Rancher is a wonderful choice among users. You will cut wood for longer hours.