What We Have Covered in This Article
Last Updated on August 2, 2021 by woodcutter
It is true to say that every homeowner needs a best lightweight chainsaw. Although most people opt for the heavy duty ones, the small chainsaws are equally as important, especially for its lightweight. A small chainsaw refers to chainsaws with a guide bar of 14 inches and below. It proves to be an invaluable tool in the yard when it comes to pruning, cutting firewood, trimming, felling of small trees and clearing the trees in your yard after a storm.
Here We Explore Some Best Lightweight Chainsaw
- [MAINTENANCE-FREE]: No pull-cords, gas, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled Extension cords; lightweight design - less than 6 lbs.
- [PERFORMANCE]: Brushless technology maximizes motor performance; Up to 18 6" Cuts on a single charge
- [VERSATILE]: Ideal for cutting branches, limbs, firewood and logs up to 9. 5 in. Thick
- [NO-FADE POWER]: 20 volt 2. 0 Ah rechargeable eco Sharp Lite Lithium-Ion battery
- [WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!]: Your new chainsaw is backed by the snow Joe + Sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant New, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked. Contact snow Joe + Sun Joe customer Support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
- Power Source Type: Manual
- Cuts branches of tall trees
- Portable and easy to store
- Low maintenance cost
- Kicks back often
It is a resourceful saw which eliminates the difficulty of trimming the overgrown trees in your yard. This best small battery chainsaw allows you to trim the branches while standing on the ground as it can be adjusted up to 15 feet of the overhead reach. It features a powerful motor of 8 amps. It is capable of cutting any tree branch up to 9.5 inches thick. It is a durable tool since its auto oiling mechanism ensures that the chain and bar are lubricated throughout. In addition, It is equipped with a 10 inch Oregon bar and chain. It is electric powered hence you will not have to cope with any smoke and noise. To ensures safety and prevents any accidents during work, its makers have equipped it with an inbuilt safety switch. An additional bonus of this equipment is its two-year warranty hence guaranteeing great performance and minimal
- [UP HIGH OR DOWN LOW] It’s really 2-tools-in-1: A pole saw for trimming branches from trees, and a regular chainsaw for projects on the ground
- [POWERFUL MOTOR] At 8 Amps, you’ll get consistent performance and reliability from this streamlined machine. Rated Voltage: 120V~60Hz
- [AUTO CHAIN LUBRICATION] The automatic oiler will always have the chain operating at peak efficiency, for faster, more controlled cuts
- [COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT] At only 10 lbs., this saw is designed to be held up high and to be maneuverable once it gets up there
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- [AUTO CHAIN TENSION] This system prevents over-tightening, keeps the chain running smoothly around the bar, and places less stress on the motor
- [TOOL-LESS INSTALLATION] The pole attaches quickly and offers up to 10 feet of reach, so you don’t have to stand on a ladder to trim branches
- [INCLUDES] 8 Amp 10” Chainsaw, 8-foot Extension Pole, Chain, Chain Bar, Blade Protection Cover
- Equipped with a powerful motor
- Works smoothly
- A bit heavy when extended
WORX WG309 saw is simple to work with hence suitable to starters. It can detach from the main shaft making it possible to function as a chainsaw rather than just a pruning saw used for trimming high branches. It is equipped with a powerful motor of 8 amps which allows a consistent flow of power. It features a well-designed handle which allows easier rotation hence no stress on the arm during work. It is also the best worx saw for limbing since it is capable of extending 8feet off the overhead reach. It is light weight best small chainsaw for limbing and compact making it portable and easy to store. When compared to its specifications and features, the price of this saw is impressively low.
- 12-INCH CORDLESS ELECTRIC CHAINSAW - 40V MAX battery-powered chainsaw with extended runtime
- SMOOTH, FAST CUTS - OREGON low-kickback bar and chain for easy and efficient cutting
- TOOL-FREE CHAIN TENSIONING - Quickly and easily adjust chain tension
- ENHANCED SAFETY FEATURES - Front hand guard and lock-off button for increased safety
- 40V MAX INTERCHANGEABLE BATTERY - Part of the 40V MAX outdoor system
- Low maintenance cost
- Works smoothly
- Cuts branches of tall trees
- A bit heavy
It is a small and lightweight BLACK & DECKER Lithium Ion Chainsaw making portable, easy to store and capable of using for long hours without physical exhaustion. It is battery powered making it possible to start it fast by just pressing without having to fit cords and pull to get it started. Being cordless implies that it is highly portable with no limits. Its battery voltage is high making it possible to work with it for long before recharging. The saw also comes with an automatic oiling mechanism hence low tear and wear making it durable and also reduces the maintenance cost. It is the best light weight saw which is capable of cutting 4-5 inches of branches and also works smoothly. In addition is capable of cutting tree trunks of up to 12 inches thick. As a bonus, the saw comes with a two-year warranty hence you are guaranteed replacement in case of any defects.
- 24V Lithium-Ion Battery compatible with both indoor and outdoor tools, 2AH battery and charger included
- 10-Inch bar and chain, perfect for cutting branches and limbs with ease
- Tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the arm and chain to ensure durability and extend the life of the chain
- Translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- A long-lasting battery
- Fast charging
- Chains fall off after some use
This best small chainsaw for wood carving are known for their versatility in indoor and outdoor tool making. It is battery power and is equipped with a 24 volts battery making its battery long-lasting and hence possible to perform various tasks before recharging it. It is of light weight hence easily portable and also compact hence easy to store. It features an automatic oiler making the chains durable thus reducing its maintenance costs. This best small chainsaw for carving is powerful enough to cut through a 7 inch trunks. It also works on overhead branches that are up to 12 inches high.
- 2-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Logs on the ground? Quickly detach the saw from the pole to convert the unit from a pole saw into a chainsaw. No tools required
- LONG REACH: Designed with two aluminum booms extendable to 10-feet for high branches. With operator height considered, the pole saw can cut limbs 10-feet to 15-feet overhead
- ELECTRIC POWERED: An 8-amp electric motor instantly starts to drive the chain over the low-kickback, 10-inch bar
- ADJUSTABLE: A telescoping design paired with flip and lock clamps allow the operator to quickly adjust the length of the pole saw so that trimming trees of varying heights isn’t a hassle
- PRUNE IN COMFORT: Anti-rotation shaft and non-slip grip enhance comfort and stability during use
- NOTE: Bar and chain oil may seep from unit when not in use. Remember to loosen the saw chain if its tension was adjusted during operation
- Capable of reaching very high branches
- Has a powerful motor
- Eliminates possibility of kickbacks
- A bit heavy
This Remington Ranger Pole saw allows you to reach overhead branches of up to 15 feet high. It also features telescopic pole which is adjustable hence short users can also reach the tall branches. The saw is equipped with 8 amps motor making the saw very powerful and capable of delivering smooth cuts. It is also equipped with a 10 inch Oregon bar and chain hence elimination of possible occurrence of kickbacks. It also makes the saw durable. The best small chainsaw for home use also has an inner aluminum pole for more strength and easier control during the extended heights operations. This design makes Remington chainsaw easy to control it & finally best small chainsaw for a woman.
No products found.
- An automatic oiling system
- Has a long lasting battery
- Clogging of the oiling system
Scotts offers on innovative garden and lawn solution small chainsaw for tree trimming. It is equipped with a sync system enabling the battery to charge when it is still in the tool. The battery charges faster as it only takes 45 minutes to charge fully. The tool is the best small chainsaw for limbing since it is equipped with a 10-inch chain and bar making the saw ideal for jobs such as pruning and cutting fallen branches. It has the automatic oiling system which reduces the maintenance cost and also makes the saw durable. Its 20-volt battery makes the saw capable of working for long before its next recharge. It is also equipped with a 3pk spool mechanism meaning that it comes with a pre-wound of 0.08-inch twist line. This offers a quick solution of restringing the trimmer and hence easy continuity of job. It comes with a bonus warranty of 3 years hence you are guaranteed a durable product and in the case of any defect, it will be replaced.
Also Read, Best Chainsaw Reviews
Choosing the best small chainsaw for the money is not hard!
There are numerous technological improvements coming up and many companies producing chainsaws. This leads to numerous types and sizes flooding the market. Here are certain features which bring down the overall performance of your intended best small chainsaw for home use & wood carving.
Most Lightweight Chainsaw are categorized by their power hence resulting in battery powered, gas powered and electric chainsaws. Each of this has its suitability and unsuitability to the users. The corded electric offers enough power needed by most electric workers making it the small chainsaw for the lining. It is also less noisy and produces no emissions. However, it features a cord which must be put in a power source for it to be used making it less portable. The battery powered chainsaw are noiseless, portable and emission free. Its shortcoming lies in its less power and has to be charged often. The best small gas chainsaw is fitted with a two-stroke engine making it the most powerful of all. Its only problem is that it emits harmful gasses and is very noisy. This means that the saw type you consider depends on is suitability since all have their advantages and disadvantages.
The job you intend to accomplish with the saw largely influences your chainsaw choice. Although most of this chainsaws are for light jobs, one that has a small bar and chain is going to limit the wood’s diameter you will cut. The type of trees you intend to cut the saw with largely influences the type of saw you should acquire. If you will be dealing with a hardwood such as the hard maples, then it is important for you to go for the best small gas chainsaw. How often you will be using the chainsaw also influences your pick. For instance, if you will be using it for a couple of days in a year then you should go for the electric chains saw. You should go for the best small gas chainsaw if you require more maintenance and more task accomplishment. The diameter of the wood you will be dealing with also influences your choice since it determines the guide bar length you will need.
Size and body width
Look out for a saw with at least 12 inches to 14-inch active cutting surface as it gives finer edges. It also guarantees faster cuts. The blade should have evenly and tightly distributed teeth. Ensure that the guide bar is 2 inches larger than the wood being cut. A saws width refers to the wide or narrow profile of the saw when you look at it from the top. You should go for a narrow-bodied if you are looking for the best small chain saw for limbing since it will make it easier to maneuver and work with it during tree trimming.
Physical strength and comfort level
You will agree that your ability of holding, controlling and manipulating the chainsaw largely depends on your strength. Since best small chainsaws are light weight, you should go for a powerful saw so as to avoid fatigue during small jobs. This also means that if you are working in a forest for a whole day the light weight is of great importance it also helps reduce fatigue. When shopping for chain saws ensure the saw balances well in your hand. You should also ensure that you can easily shift the saws grip from hand to hand without losing its balance.
The amount you can comfortably afford to spend on the best small chainsaw for the money crucially affects the chainsaw you acquire. The best lightweight chainsaw are affordable as their price level ranges varies from $80- $150, most of them go for less than $100.this means that you can acquire the best chainsaw for lining at any price level.