Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by woodcutter
The chainsaw chains is the most important part of the chainsaw. A proper chain for your chainsaw means the work will be done properly and safely, when buying a chain for your chainsaw. The most important thing to consider is how well the chain fits with your saw. The chain must not be too tight or too slack. Every chainsaw is clearly labeled, making it easier for new buyers to buy a chainsaw chain compatible with your chainsaw. Users need knowledge on chainsaw terms and measurement if they are to make a good purchase of the chain.
On the packaging label of the chain, you will find the bar length, pitch, gauge and number of lugs. The S 5 Inch Oregon chain is one such good example that matches well with chainsaws like the Poulan, Remington, Echo and the
Craftsman. If you own any of the chainsaws above, then the Oregon S56 16 Inch is a good fit and will offer great service when cutting. The chain has very low vibrations and high performances ensuring the users work without any hitches. Another good example of a chain is the Husqvarna that works well with a wide variety of chainsaws.
Why you need a Best Chainsaw Chains
We have already know the importance of buying a new chain for your chainsaw. The chain is the most crucial point in any chainsaw and does all the cutting tasks. If your old chain is jagged, then a new chain is all you need to get the cutting to a completely new level. Even if all the chainsaw parts are in a good state, if the chain is rugged then you need to buy a new one.
- Fits: 41, 45, 49, 51, 55, 336, 339XP, 340, 345, 346 XP, 350, 351, 353, 435, 440, 445 and 450e
- .325-Inch Pitch
.050-Inch Gauge Ideal for professional users in demanding conditions High-performance, low vibration chain Good sturdy sharp chain. Chain has great cutting power. Easy to sharpen with the correct tools. Exact replacement for the original saw chain
|Product||Saw Size||Pitch||Gauge||Drive Link Count|
|Longer Wood Cutting Saw Chain Chainsaw Parts||14"||3/8" Low Profile||.050"||52|
|UpStart Saw Chain for Echo CS-400 Chainsaws||18"||3/8" Low Profile Pitch||0.050"||62|
|Oregon Chain Saw Repl. Chain||20"||3/8"||.043||50|
|UpStart Components 2-Pack Saw Chain for Oregon H72 Chainsaws||18"||0.325"||0.050"||72|
|Oregon D70 AdvanceCut Chainsaw Chain Fits Homelite, McCulloch, Poulan, Echo, Craftsman||20" or 50-100 cc|
|Oregon Homelite, Poulan, Remington S56 AdvanceCut Chainsaw Chain Fits Craftsman, Echo, HOM, 1||16" or 42 cc||3/8"|
Oregon Chain 18 Inch Cutting Systems Loop
- Fits these chainsaw models: Stihl: Stihl 025, MS230, MS 241 C-M, MS 250 C and C-BE, and MS 251 and more
- The low-vibration, low kickback chain offers outstanding performance. For saw sizes 38-62 cc that run .325 Inch Pitch, .063 Inch (1.6 mm) gauge, 68 drive links
- Designed for occasional chainsaw users including property owners and landscapers
- Micro Chisel cutters with small-radius working corners for excellent performance in hardwood and easy maintenance
- Built-in Lubri-Tec automatic oiling system extends the life of your chain by delivering oil to key parts of the chain so you can work smarter with less downtime and maintenance
- Chain Type: 22BPX
The Oregon 18 inch cutting system loop chain is a high-quality chainsaw chain for firewood that is designed for cutting through most types of hardwoods and firewood.
Oregon’s “LubriTec” technology distributes chain lubricants uniformly to each link, which means lower friction and heat generation. This results in a very low kickback chain that meets all performance requirements. This makes cutting faster and easier, and extends the life of the chain.
The biggest complaint when cutting wood is the vibration, as it creates fatigue for the operator and is less precise.
To reduce vibration, the Oregon chainsaw has a small space between the saw chain and guide bar. This helps to dissipate the energy when cutting, and reduces vibration by up to 25%. It acts as a shock absorber, absorbing the impact of the cutting blade.
The chrome plating on the teeth keeps them sharp for multiple cutting sessions. The chrome plating gives the surface an extra layer of hardness, making the teeth more resistant to wear. This means you can spend more time cutting, and less time sharpening the chain.
The precision cutting chain is designed for control cuts with a 0.325-inch pitch, 0.063-inch gauge, and 68 drive link count.
For more information on Oregon Chains 18 Inch Cutting Systems Loop, please check the link.
Husqvarna 18 Inch Pixel Saw Chain for Firewood
- A low kickback, low-vibration chain Developed to meet the specific needs of today's lightweight chainsaws
- Great cutting performance and bore cut
- Perfect for arborists and for users who use smaller-size chainsaws in high-production environment.
- Well suited for commercial cutters, arborists and occasional users.
The Husqvarna Chainsaw is a powerful and reliable tool that is perfect for both homeowners and semi-professionals. With its 18-inch high-performance anti-kickback chain, this chainsaw is sure to make quick work of any project.
The high-grade steel material used in the construction of chain and blade provides a buttery-smooth cutting experience even on a more hardened surface.
This high-performance, low vibration chain gives you the cleaner cut every time, thanks to its 0.325-inch pitch, 0.050-inch gauge, and overall 18-inch length.
Even after repeated use of cutting hard materials such as teak wood, the blade remained quite sharp.
The Husqvarna chain is compatible with a significant model of tools, and installation does not take long. Soak the chain overnight in gear oil to reduce the stiffness of the chain before installation.
Sharpening teeth is quick and easy, although some users have reported that this chain does not fit their model, even though it is listed as compatible with a wide range of models.
Stihl 20 Inch Rapid Super Chainsaw Chain for hardwood
- Stihl .325" .063 81 drivers 20" proffessional chain
The Stihl 20-inch rapid super chain saw is a great fit for the Farm boss series and Stihl chainsaws. With a 0.325 pitch, 0.063 gauge, and 20-inch bar length, it’s a great choice for your chainsaw needs. One of best chainsaw chain for sthil.
This chain is made of hardened steel for a stronger build, and the blades are sharpened for a smoother cut. The low kickback design of this saw makes it easy, convenient, and safe to use when cutting any type of wood. The sturdy chain links improve the life of the chain even after heavy use. By creating a stronger and more durable chain, the links increase the lifespan of the chain – even with regular, heavy use.
The robust design of the chain allows it to be used in harsher conditions, making it a reliable and high-performing option for safety.
This Stihl chainsaw chain replacement is an excellent fit, requiring no additional adjustments.
This cutting chain is designed for speed and aggression, making it ideal for semi-professional or commercial loggers.
The chain’s faster cutting rate generates a bit more vibration than other chains, but that’s to be expected. This is possible because of its razor-edged, square-cornered design.
The low friction design of this saw blade provides clean, smooth cuts on all types of wood.
Oregon Poulan S62 – A Durable 18 Inch Chainsaw Chain
- Durable, low-kickback, low-vibration chain helps reduce user fatigue for increased periods of work- For all chainsaws brands that run 3/8 Inch Pitch, .050 Inch (1.3 mm) gauge, 62 drive links
- Fits these chainsaw models with an 18" bar: Atlas 56937, Craftsman CMXGSAMCN4218, S185, ECHO CS310, Ego CS1800, CS1804, Greenworks GCS80420, Husqvarna 240, 120 Mark II
- Also fits: Homelite ZR43100, Masterforce 2000094ME, Poulan PR4218, Remington RM1645, Ryobi RY3818, RY40580, RY40580, Sun Joe SWJ701E, and more; see product images and description.
- Precision, heat-treated semi-chisel chain cuts smoothly with a higher tolerance for debris. Tough, long-lasting chrome outer layer and hardened rivets help reduce wear and chain adjustments
- Tough, long-lasting chrome outer layer and hardened rivets help reduce wear and allow for fewer chain adjustments
- Built-in Lubri-Tec automatic oiling system extends the life of your chain by delivering oil to key parts of the chain so you can work smarter with less downtime and maintenance
The Oregon Poulan S62 is the perfect replacement chain for brands such as Echo, Poulan, Homelite, and Craftsman. Its 18-inch length is ideal for chainsaws with big blades.
This 18-inch chainsaw chain has a unique design that helps it run with minimal vibrations. Additionally, the Lubritec Oiling system helps it retain oil for longer periods of time.
The design also features chrome-coated sharp cutters. They help to improve the cutting ability of the chain and also make it easier to sharpen. This will save you time spent sharpening the chain, an important feature for those who want to make accurate and fast cuts even on the hardwood.
Poulan S62 is a powerful chainsaw that is mentioned in every Oregon chainsaw chain guide. This feature allowed Oregon 18 to earn a good reputation among most users. The great cutting power makes the item highly reliable for both small and medium-scale jobs.
The Poulan S62 is mentioned in every Oregon chainsaw chain guide for its cutting power.
The good reputation of Oregon 18 among most users is due to its great cutting power, which makes it highly reliable for both small and medium-scale jobs.
Husqvarna Chainsaw Chain Replacement H80-72 – The Best Item for Hardwood
- Includes one Husqvarna Rancher X H80 20 Inch Chainsaw Chain replacement compatible with select 20 inch chainsaw models: 455 Rancher and 460 Rancher; plus additional models: 55 Rancher, 257, 261, 362XP, 359, 460 and 555455
- Excellent Precision and Maneuverability: These chainsaw chains give your gas chainsaw excellent precision and high cutting efficiency to improve maneuverability while reducing strain and fatigue
- Semi-Chisel Chain: Husqvarna chainsaw chains 20 inch replacements use a semi-chisel chain that is easy to file and stays sharper longer, with 72 drive links, a 3/8" pitch and a .050" gauge
- Durable and Reliable: Long-lasting sharpness right out of the box lets you postpone sharpening for longer plus reduces kickback, while a precisely balanced combination of materials and manufacturing processes produce a highly durable chainsaw blade
- All Cutting Tasks: These Husqvarna chainsaw parts are suitable for all standard cutting tasks and ideal for arborists and tree care experts due to smooth operation and optimal performance in narrow spaces
There is no doubt that the 20 inch Husqvarna chainsaw chain H80-72 is the best chainsaw chain for hardwood. It fits a wide variety of machines made by Husqvarna, such as 380, 359, 257, 455 ranchers, 2100, 371, and 3120XP.
This chain is compatible with many other chainsaws, so I recommend checking the specifications before purchasing.
The best thing about this company is that they have listed all the compatible chainsaw models in the instructions. If you own a ranch, the Husqvarna H80-72 chain is likely to work well for it.
This model can easily cut through hardwood, just as if it were plywood. This chain is capable of making smooth cuts and easily slicing through wood. If you’re looking for a chainsaw chain that will give you the precise shape and design you want with little effort, the 20-inch model is the way to go.
If you have a gardening business or plan to cut wood on a large scale, the Husqvarna H80-72 tool is best chainsaw chain for professional use.
SUNGATOR 16-Inch Chainsaw Chain
- ◇PARAMETERS: 16 Inch, .050" Gauge, 3/8" LP Pitch, 56 Drive Links (The same saw can be equipped with different bar lengths. Please verify your parameters to ensure this chain works with your machine. Besides the models mentioned here, there are other models fit for this chain. If you have any problems or concerns about the compatible machines, please feel free to contact us.)
- ◇Replacement for Craftsman/Sears 358.34116, 358.35161, 358.35170, 358.35514, 358.38070, 358.38160, 38.38170【Echo】CS-310, CS-330T, CS-346, CS-352, CS-355T, CS-360T, CS-370, CS-400, CS-3400, CS-3450 【Homelite】UT10516, UT10532, UT10560, UT10564, UT10568, UT10569, UT10660, UT10926, UT10947, UT43122
- ◇Replacement for McCulloch CS340, CS380, EB358a, MCC1635A, MS354a, MS4016【Poulan】220, 221, 222, 260, 400E, 1420, 1425, 1625, 1630, 1800, 1950, 2000, 2025, 2050, 2055, 2075, 2150, 2175, 2250, 2300, 2375, 2450, 2550, 3416, 3516, 3516AVX, 3816, WildThing
- ◇SAFETY: UL approved, meets the ANSI Standards. Semi-chisel with low kickback.
- ◇RELIABLE QUALITY: 1.Material: Germany imported steel, high toughness, anti-fracture. 2. Connection: Heat treated and quenched rivets make stronger connection between chain links. 3. Surface: All the chain cutters are plated with premium industrial hard chrome, of better wear resistance.
Sungator may not be a common chainsaw chains name, but it definitely knows its way around a chainsaw. In fact, the company makes a variety of replacement chain models, including the one mentioned in this article.
The Sungator chainsaw chain is the most affordable option if you’re considering a single pack. It’s also a great choice for a variety of chainsaw models. This chain saw attachment is compatible with various chainsaw brands, as its name suggests. You can use it with Remington, Homelite, Greenworks, Echo, Poulan, and various other chainsaw models.
This chainsaw replacement chain is 16 inches long and has a chain pitch size of ⅜ inch. It is a great low profile chain option.
This drive link chain has a gauge rating of 0.050 inch, making it perfect for your needs. This is quite common when compared with other options present in this article.
Types of chainsaw chains
A chainsaw is the main tool of the wood industry, used for cutting and harvesting. This equipment has several elements and mechanisms that have a specific use technique with special care.
Today we want to share those recommendations to ensure the long life of the machine and its components. Let’s talk about the chain.
Cutting element par excellence, your choice may be given according to the wood to be cut, the expertise of the chainsaw and the type of cut required which determines the type of tooth shape to be selected.
Round tooth shape: it is the type of chain most used in the market. Easy to use, this means that the operator does not need great expertise; Does not require constant sharpening to perform efficient work.
Square tooth shape: contrary to the round tooth is a chain that delivers a cleaner and more precise cut with less waste of wood; its cutting speed is higher; However, it requires greater operator expertise and should be sharpened more frequently if it touches surfaces such as soil or sand, as its edge is quickly lost under these conditions.
The most significant difference between these two types of chain is that the round tooth has a larger cutting surface, while the square tooth has only one cutting point.
In the market, there are chains with all kinds of shapes, including some intermediate models, such as the semi-square, which offers some advantages of the round tooth and others of the square tooth.
It is important to know the differences of use and operation of the various styles of chainsaw chains. Whatever type of chain saw use, the teeth come in one of two basic styles: round tooth or chipper, which has a round back and then curves at the top, or square or flat tooth it is flat back and top.
The standard chain is also called the chain because most top chainsaw chains has teeth. These teeth are arranged in a tooth left, right tooth, drive link – pattern. It produces very fine sawdust that the wind blows, and cutting lumber will be very smooth. The standard chain is most often used by professionals who have large chainsaws with powerful engines.
The teeth of the full-skip chain are generally arranged in a – tooth left drive link drive link, right tooth, drive link, drive link – pattern, so that every other tooth chain is removed. This string is used most often in small saws and saws with extended full size bars to cut large pieces of wood. It is ideal for cutting beams, poles, wooden planks and other heavy wood. The full-skip chain is not as likely to bog down when cutting large pieces and has less drag, so the engine can run at a higher RPM. With full-skip chain, your chain saw can operate at its most efficient to cut faster.
The chain saw semi jump is located between the standard chain and full-skip chain that has a standard chain-third fewer teeth, but more teeth than the full-skip chain. It is fast as the entire chain, jump but is not as strong, and harsher cuts than the standard chain but not as rough as the full-skip chain.
Semi-chisel strong and durable chain is perfect for dirty and dusty jobs. It is not as fast as a string chisel, but can handle abrasive as dirt and sand much better, and works well in hardwoods and softwoods. The semi-chisel chain has ripper gnashing teeth for cutting planks and boards easily and without much bounce.
Chain chisel is for strong chain and smooth cut, perfect for professional loggers. During cutting, the saw clear chips quickly, and the ramp of the cutting depth of the chain reduces recoil.
The safety chain, also called low kickback chain, is required by law with chainsaws all smaller than 3.8 cubic-inch engines. They can also be purchased by large mountains. When the wood pinches the saw during cutting, or the top of the chainsaw bar touches an object, the guide bar can revert instantly to the operator and in the process seriously damage it. Safety chains minimize this rebound, but not eliminate, so it is important to exercise caution when using a chainsaw.
Know your best chainsaw chains
Knowing of your best chainsaw chains is important for the safe operation of a chainsaw. Place the wrong chain on the bar can be very dangerous for the legs and saw motor. Fortunately, manufacturers have come up with an easy system of guidelines to determine the tone, size and length of each string. You should also check the chain case entered these measurements to make sure they match the recommendations of your saw.
- Use the wrench to remove the bar nuts on the clutch cover. Remove the bar, chain and clutch cover.
- Determining the chain length counting the number of links in it. The links are opposite teeth of the chain and run on the groove in the guide bar.
- Identify the caliber of the chain. It is measuring the thickness of the links, so you have to fit into the slot of the guide bar. This number can be found on the saw chain or chain case. More handsaws used thicknesses de.050, y.063 .058 inches.
- Identify the pitch of the chain. This is the measurement between three consecutive chain rivets divided by two. The rivets hold together the links in the chain and determine the size of the chain. Using saws tone more than a quarter inch to three quarters of the pitch and this measure can be found in the chain or box chain.
- Make sure the caliber of the chain, pitch and length match the user manual recommendations.
Benefits of buying a top rated chainsaw chains
Oregon brand, world leader in accessories for best chainsaw, these chains offer some benefits that facilitate the work of the chain saw, they are:
- Lubrication channels in the connecting links thus prolonging the life of the chain.
- Lubricant transport hole for the correct lubrication of the sword.
- Sharpening guide, an indicator of the correct angle with which the tooth of the chain should be sharpened.
Some of the latest chains in the market like the Oregon S56 16 Inch have been made with the latest technology to handle the toughest cutting jobs. The semi-chisel chain ensures the highest precision cutting making the chain ideal when you need smooth cutting. Kickback incidents usually occur when chains cut ruggedly and have resistance. Fast cutting without kickback can be achieved with a new chain for your chainsaw.
Most new chains like the Husqvarna 531300439 and the Oregon S56 16 Inch have been engineered to offer safety and high-quality performance to the users. The cutters are more sharpers, and you can expect your cutting to be done fast and smoothly.
- Semi-chisel chainsaw chain for Craftsman, Echo, Homelite, Poulan, and Remington brands
Precision cutting chain, heat-treated, and hard-chromed cutter chain Unique cutter design cuts smooth and fast with minimum kickback Engineered for safety, performance, and quality Advanced technology ensures tough, sharp cutters GREAT!! works beautifully, and it is MADE IN USA!
The most important thing every chainsaw owner has to ensure is to get the right size for your chainsaw chain. This means you have to know and understand the features and size of your best chainsaw chains before making a purchase. The chain length and gauge is crucial if the chain will perfectly fit your old chainsaw properly and glide in without any troubles. The chain needs to glide around the bar without any binding or slop as the chain runs.
You should be able to install the new chain with easy if you read all the instructions well. If unable, you can seek help from friends who have done so or just look for an expert in the area. Soaking the new chain in oil overnight will help prevent wear and tear. A new chain will do a great job before filing them.
(model numbers beginning 358) 34116, 34117, 34118, 35038, 35081, 35082, 35083, 35088, 35099, 35160, 35161, 35170, 35181, 35182, 35190, 35191, 35516, 35624, 36026, 36028, 36218
ES-173, PS-45, PS-3410TH, PS350, PS 420
ECHO – when used with Oregon branded bars
CS-280, CS-300, CS-300EVL, CS-301, CS-310, CS-330T, CS-340, CS-345, CS-360T, CS-370, CS-400, CS-2800, CS-2900, CS-3000, CS-3450
Ranger, UT10530, UT10540, UT10560, UT10564, UT10566, UT10568, UT10580, UT10584, UT10586, UT10901, UT43102, UT43120, UT43122
23, 36*, 41*, 136*, 137*, 141*, 142*, 235E, 240E, 250PS, 334T, 335XPT, 338EXPT, EL16, T435 * ensure your model has a 3/8″ low profile sprocket
JOHN DEERE – when used with Oregon branded bars
25EV, 200CS, 230CS, CS36, CS40, J3816
DCS34, DCS390, DCS400, DCS401, DCS3416, EA3201S35B, UC4030A, US3530A, US4030A
After April ’99 54-5607, 54-5721, 54-5724, 54-5726 Before April ’99 54-5607, 54-5659, 54-5661, 54-5662, 54-5663
EB 358a, Mac Cat 438, MC3516, MCC1435A, MCC1635A, MCC1840B, MS 354a, MS 4016
25A, 220, 225, 230, 260, 400E, 1420, 1800, 1950, 2050, 2055, 2150, 2375, 3314WoodShark, 3416, 3516, 3516AVX, 3816, 4018, 4218, Micro 35 XXV Series, S25, WildThing, WoodShark, Woodsman 2000
107624-01, 107624-02, 107625-01, 107625-02, 111174-01, CLD4016W, LD3516AWB, RM1632A, RM1635W, RM1640W
* Always check manufacturer for sizing right before you order for detailed parts and maybe skip the rma cycle.
How to attach a chainsaws chain
Few tools meet a handyman tasks that can be performed with a good chainsaw. The design of the chainsaw is specialized for cutting large pieces of wood. However, without a properly installed chain, the tool is useless. While the process chain tension varies slightly with the different manufacturers and models the installation of the basic chain is similar in most models.
- Remove the clutch cover. This plate covers the end of the bar, the portion of the Sierra chain will wrap around to the side of the engine. This cover is usually held in place with a single screw. Use a proper size wrench to remove it. Loosen but do not remove the bolts that hold the bar in place.
- Place the chain with the edge pointing to the right.
- Place one end of the chain loop on the pinion. This course was exposed with the removal of the clutch cover and placed behind the end of the bar chain.
- Slide the chain forward along the saw by placing the projections into the slots in the links bar the bar.
- Slide the bar forward until the chain is tightened in place around the bar. Some slack in the bottom of the chain is normal at this stage.
- Adjust the tension by turning the adjusting screw, if present, or sliding the bar forward or backward until the chain has a tight fit against the bar, but still can be moved by pulling the chain by hand.
- Tighten the screws holding the bar in place. Replace the clutch cover.
FAQ about Chainsaw Chains
Which Chainsaw Brands Make The Best Aggressive Chains?
There are a few chainsaw brands that make the best aggressive chains. These chains are designed to cut through wood quickly and easily. They are also durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. Their powerful engines are designed to make the hardest of cuts as easy as possible.
A chainsaw is a powerful tool that can cut through thick pieces of wood quickly. The chain spins around the bar at high speeds, making it easy to slice through even the densest lumber. Bars come in a variety of sizes, but the most common ones are between 10 and 36 inches long. Homeowners usually choose chainsaws with a bar size in the 10- to 20-inch range.
Just because a chainsaw has a big bar doesn’t mean it’s the best choice for every job. If your yard is full of smaller trees, then a big chainsaw with a big bar will be overkill. Bigger chainsaws are heavier, and more expensive, as well. The rule of thumb is to add two inches to the largest diameter tree you need to cut down. That’s the best size of chainsaw bar for you, depending on the size of the trees in your yard.
What’s the best chainsaw chain for cutting firewood?
According to experts, the Husqvarna High Performance 18 inches, 0.05 gauge, 0.325 pitch chain is the best choice for cutting firewood. This chain is known for its low kickback and low-vibration properties, making it ideal for lightweight chainsaws. It also meets the ANSI low kickback requirements.
What is The Best Chainsaw Chain For Cutting Hardwood?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of what the best chain for cutting hardwood is. The Oregon S62 Advance Cut 18-inch, 0.05 gauge, 3/8 inch, low profile chain is a great option for many home use chainsaws, but be sure to check your manual to see if it is compatible with your model. This chain has been praised by hundreds of customers for its smooth cutting and low kickback.
Which chainsaw chain brand is best?
There are a lot of different chainsaw chain brands on the market, and it can be tough to decide which one is best for you. Some of the most popular brands include Oregon, Stihl, and Husqvarna. Each brand has its own unique features, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase. When it comes to choosing a chainsaw chain brand, there are a lot of different options to choose from.
Are Stihl chains better than Oregon?
There is no definitive answer to this question as both brands of chains have their own advantages and disadvantages. Each brand offers a wide variety of models, so it is likely that one brand will have a model that is better suited to your needs than the other. To help you make an informed decision, we have reviewed the top rated Stihl and Oregon chains to find the best option for you.
What Chainsaw Chain to Use for Hardwood?
When selecting a chain for cutting hardwood, the cutter design should be one of the main things to consider. For instance, the full-chisel cutters are perfect for those who need to cut hardwood frequently.
However, the main drawback of full-chisel cutters is that they dull quickly, which implies a higher risk of kickbacks. However, high-quality semi-chisel cutters, such as the Oregon S56 model, can also work on the hardwood.
How long chainsaw chain last?
Properly caring for your chainsaw chain can ensure that it lasts for several years. The chain is usually made from high-quality, durable material that prevents corrosion and rust. It’s usually the teeth that break or wear down after consistent use, which requires a new chain. To ascertain that it lasts longer, you should properly use the tool as per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
To keep your saw chain in top condition, never attempt to cut materials that it’s not rated for. Proper cooling is key to keeping the chain running smoothly; during cutting, the chain moves quickly between objects, which increases friction and raises the temperature.
There are a few ways to prevent your chainsaw chain from overheating. You can either stop and let the chain cool down before starting to cut again, make a design cut that allows for a better airflow at the cutting spot, or use a chainsaw chain lubricant.
To keep your chainsaw chain in good condition, avoid letting it hit the ground surface when making cuts at gravel or a hard surface. Raise the object with a platform to keep the chain from damaging its teeth. Clean and lubricate your chainsaw chain regularly to keep it in good condition and increase its life span.
More best chainsaws chains
The Super professionally high performance low kick-back safety chain for heavier work with higher power chainsaw. Improved your cutting power with genuine Stihl chain. Chain consist with 68 Drive Links with 0.325 Pitch & 0.063 Gauge. Easy to sharpen a chain. Chopping is noticeably aggressive for larger wood. Before to buy you have to know what size and number of teeth match your chainsaws drive hub.
If you are using Sun Joe chainsaw then, Sun Joe SWJ800E-63 Oregon 8-Inch Replacement Semi Chisel Pole Chainsaw chain is nice option for you. Unique designed for safety with high performance & quality. Cuts smoothly & fast in a minimum kickback. Origin USA made hard chromed cutter chain that stay you sharp cuts. Longer cutting time for 5-6 hours is more than enough. Highly recommended spare that cuts like a champ!
Chainsaws aren’t usually something you have to think about too much. These portable powerhouses do all the work for you, as long as your chain is in top shape. If it becomes damaged or dull, you could be putting yourself at risk. With chainsaw companies now coming out with longer-lasting models on a regular basis, finding the best chainsaw chain is easier than ever.
best wood lathe says
That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Short but very precise information… Appreciate your sharing this one.
A must read post!